Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-08-2001, 11:48 AM   #11
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

so cllf is back ,

nice work mods , i say keep up the good work

------------------
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats good
www.clix.to/wave
Old 10-08-2001, 12:06 PM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
What did I tell you guys? Don't speak to trolls!

You're right, Memnoch. Sorry for jumping on him, feeding him with more to flame about. But he really angered those who saw his posts, including me.
Old 10-08-2001, 12:21 PM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I'm sorry guys. For everything that freaking V. (I know his real name, but whatever) has done. He was just playing games, and he sent me this (Dan: he also sent you this) :
BTW: He's not cffl.com, he's just a guy, definitely not cffl.com
Let me clarify that I am NOT Urlman.

I'm just a bored, ignorant and arrogant little teen of 17 year old who's a friend of LINK(a well known member of your forum). This afternoon, after a hard day at school, I decided to check out the forum Link was always talking about..

after registering, my initial messages were very low and childish. I want to make my apologies for that.

Please don't call my ISP, because that really isn't my intention and won't be in the nearby future.

Second of all, I would like to apologize myself for all the people who even gave me attention on the forum(thanks guys). But I don't have anything to do with those people and I don't even know them. I assume they are delightfull people and I'm sorry for giving them a hard them, especially Melusine.

You were saying that another account on my adress in the nearby future will result in an ISP-call. I hope you won't do that, because I might begin with playing Baldur's Gate 2(I hear all those fantastic reviews about it), so the forum might come in handy in the future...

I hope you will post this message on the forum , so the people can see what kind of a fool was behind those dumb messages.

Greets,

V. (a boy from Holland..)

I will speak with him tomorrow, I swear. Again: sorry...

Link, I suggest that you ask your mate to email Ziroc with that, if he wants to be mature about it.

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 12:26 PM   #14
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

OK. Lately i havent been here a lot (im pretty busy, plus my modem is not working very well, ill fix it this weekend), ive been just checking BG. Anyway, be sure that ill be ready if needed .

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 10-08-2001, 01:04 PM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

Great job, Ziroc, Memny, as always. Wow, the banning was quick !

But, Link, why was your friend's first act to post something so hurtful ? Or didn't he realize how hurtful his posts were ?
You should advise him, before saying something, to ask himself if he would like it if he were on the receiving end ... In French we say "turn one's tongue seven times in one's mouth before speaking"

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-08-2001, 02:28 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If what Link says is true, it kind of reminds me of Psychadelic Buttafly's wonderous "debut" in our forum...if I remember, there were several people just about ready to go gunning for him as well before he apologized. (Where IS PB, btw? I haven't seen him around lately.)

Nevertheless, I have to agree with Moraine. I think some people post as a joke and don't think about what they're saying. On a public forum like this, you have to be VERY conscious about everything you're saying.

Well, time will tell as to what will happen. Meanwhile, rest assured we mods are being vigilant.

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 02:32 PM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Good to see you mods vigilant. Though I have to say that even though I brooke from Memnoches advice not to speak to trolls, today I got really angry, and when I do, man, I had to constrain myself otherwise I knew I would get a Wolfir attention mail from Ziroc :S

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-08-2001, 02:33 PM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I had to take care or I'd have said something so evil to that guy that I'd have gotten a ban warning from Ziroc.
Old 10-08-2001, 02:43 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Neb, Wolfgir, you guys are cool, don't worry. You handled yourselves remarkably under the circumstances. (Really, guys, you should check out some forums...ours is restrained even in the worst cases!) Although at times I want to bite heads off nails at some of the things that pop up...oh well! I've learned the art of counting to ten, or twenty...and even then, sometimes my "grump" comes out.

Best way to kill trolls is to ignore them, though. Unlike Baldur's Gate, Internet trolls aren't killed with flames! It seems to have the opposite effect on them.

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 02:57 PM   #20
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

keep up the good work

I'll keep an eye out

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
You know who and what I am... what are you going to do about it?