Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 12:50 PM   #31
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
About the mature beyond your age thing i wonder about that. All of us teens are pretty idiotic at times (no affense meant to anyone) but that is what makes us teens right? I haven't seen any overly mature teen lately can you tell me where to find them? I want to meet them. Also thanks for the rules they were stated clearly and it makes life more fun if people follow them.
There's often a Misunderstanding about maturity
I know people who call themselfs more mature then me because i can act really childish some times just for the fun of it (among other things my obsession for cute and overly fluffy stuff) That does however not mean i'm not mature
People who say that about me are often people who try to act like there friends act and try avoid everything that can even look remotely childish, In my opinion that is not mature
Being mature is to feel when you have to be serious and when you can joke
being mature is to know about life and know about the feelings of other
being mature is when you can act like an adult When you have to
And when it comes to that i think I myself am quite mature for my age
and so is Jerome and Melusine (who can act like an 80-year old )and a lot of other teenagers in here
Being Mature is not to act like your life is over and you can't have fun, Being mature is know when you can have fun and when to be serious

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-02-2001, 04:59 PM   #32
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Didn't meen to affend but it seems like all the teens in my area aren't mature and i haven't gotten to know anyone in hear yeat. Besides i like porcilen figuriens and that is considered childish by some to. and thanks for the great definition of maturity i haven't thought of it besides the stereotypical in a long time guess i should.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:39 PM   #33
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

good postage...... seriously...

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-02-2001, 07:44 PM   #34
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
good postage...... seriously...

That's the kinda stuff i mean
If i talk about fluffies or something, It's all fun and I'll kill you and bast you and stuff
And when it has to be serious i can be serious and so can a lot of others here
I personally find nothing really childish.

BTW i forgot to mention Ertai who is 19 but if you look at his posting... He 120

------------------

OMG I have no Arms

Old 09-02-2001, 09:13 PM   #35
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Rikard, thanks for that great definition of maturity! You are so right, it has so much more to do with how you perceive and react to situations and how you handle yourself. Character comes with maturity.

I collect pewter figures myself, and I'm 38...I certainly don't think that makes me immature.

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 04:44 AM   #36
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Quote:
About the mature beyond your age thing i wonder about that. All of us teens are pretty idiotic at times (no affense meant to anyone) but that is what makes us teens right? I haven't seen any overly mature teen lately can you tell me where to find them? I want to meet them. Also thanks for the rules they were stated clearly and it makes life more fun if people follow them.
I know people who call themselfs more mature then me because i can act really childish some times just for the fun of it (among other things my obsession for cute and overly fluffy stuff) That does however not mean i'm not mature
People who say that about me are often people who try to act like there friends act and try avoid everything that can even look remotely childish, In my opinion that is not mature
and so is Jerome and Melusine (who can act like an 80-year old )and a lot of other teenagers in here
Being Mature is not to act like your life is over and you can't have fun, Being mature is know when you can have fun and when to be serious

Thank you Rikard - you saved me from having to respond to Blade's point.

Being mature doesn't mean you have to be serious all of the time. Sometimes I like to be 'childlike' and that carries a totally different meaning to being 'childish'.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:01 PM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Quote:

Thanks a lot Rikard, I'm 21 so technically speaking very much NOT a teen
*sigh* and I agree, I do feel like 30, 40 or yes, even 80 sometimes - but that's when my ME is especially bad

LOL that said, I think that was another splendid post and I agree that people like Javi (who's also technically not a teen but can be delightfully naive sometimes ), Jerome, Lioness and you are some of the best, most mature, intelligent, well-spoken, and NICE teenagers I've ever met!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-03-2001, 12:21 PM   #38
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Thanks a lot Rikard, I'm 21 so technically speaking very much NOT a teen
*sigh* and I agree, I do feel like 30, 40 or yes, even 80 sometimes - but that's when my ME is especially bad

LOL that said, I think that was another splendid post and I agree that people like Javi (who's also technically not a teen but can be delightfully naive sometimes ), Jerome, Lioness and you are some of the best, most mature, intelligent, well-spoken, and NICE teenagers I've ever met!

How is your ME now?
getting any better (less)?

------------------

OMG I have no Arms

Old 09-03-2001, 12:27 PM   #39
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Looks like i steeped on a couple of toes but when i was refering to not knowing any mature teen i was talking about where i live not in the forums sence i don't know whos a teen and who isn't in here. And I agree with the 3 definitions of maturity that quickly folowed my mistake of not clarifying myself.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:37 PM   #40
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Glad to see you Blade,
I lived for four years in Ellensburg, miss the snow.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"