Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 09:38 AM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I've just started to mess around with the Toolset, and I have a few questions to ask.

1) Is there a way to make conversation change depending on having an item in your inventory?
2) Is there a way to add a different option in dialogue if you return a second time?
3) I think I've figured out how to make things add to your journal, but is there a way to set experience for quests, and actually make it so when giving to you get "Quest complete - XP awarded" sort of?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but these are what I need to know ATM.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

1) scripting. www.nwnlexicon.com Put your script that checks if the item is in the inventory on the node. You can do this in on one of the tabs down to the bottom (it's the one left to 'actions taken' i forgot the name)

You need a script with a while loop which checks for all items with the tag you set.

2) scripting. Make a check script and 2 nodes. The one with the check should be the highest node in the tree, cause it needs to get checked. The other goes under this one without a check so it's shown if the check on the first one fails

3) yes, with scripting. Use the 'actions taken' tab in the dialogue window now and put a script which changes the XP in the slot there

BTW you can check with integers put on NPCs or the PCs or if you really need them to be undestroyable in a database.

I recommend you learn to script as you won't get much further easily and most often people won't write complete scripts but will help you if something you wrote doesn't work. The nwnlexicon has great tutorials.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I'll check it out, cheers for your help [img]smile.gif[/img]