Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-17-2002, 06:36 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Where do you get dragon armor? When I kill dragons I cannot loot from them because their bodies don't disappear. They just lie there. Forever. Huh????
Old 08-17-2002, 08:47 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

Cool effect!!! I like it. In my custom mod most creature leave their body behind, but Dragons are the coolest corpses!
Old 08-17-2002, 09:08 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SPOILERS:

I've had the white dragon armor appear as random treasure in Setara's House and the Copper Dragon armor appear as random treasure in Castle Jhareq.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
Kerneth
The Magister

My paladin found *all* the dragon armors. Multiple sets of white dragon armor, too, I believe. The Red Dragonscale showed up late in Chapter 3. I think, in fact, that it was in one of the chests near Kluath. Handy, hmm?
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:01 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah the Red Dragon Armor is a set Item AFAIK.

And how do you get the corpses to stay there permanately... I can never get it to happen
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:42 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Yeah the Red Dragon Armor is a set Item AFAIK.

And how do you get the corpses to stay there permanately... I can never get it to happen
Kill them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Seriously, when you kill Dragons, they just lie there, and wont disappear. That's atleast how it is for me.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerneth:
My paladin found *all* the dragon armors. Multiple sets of white dragon armor, too, I believe. The Red Dragonscale showed up late in Chapter 3. I think, in fact, that it was in one of the chests near Kluath. Handy, hmm?
Kluath? Who is that? (Don't worry, I finished the whole game already, I just forgot)

Wait, isn't he that red dragon? I didn't see any chests near him, except the one with the (spoiler)
Word of Power.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:34 AM   #8
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I know this is TOTALLY unrelated but i havent found ANY of the Words of Power yet but for some reason i couldant help myself from looking at that spoiler! It is insatiable curiosity that makes me unable to no read a spoiler, even if it DOES ruin the story line. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:54 AM   #9
Whailor

Actually nothing is totally "set" in NWN, except some special drops at/from special mobs. The game looks at your level, and that's what makes items spawn. Easiest way is to get some of your chars to lvl 20 and then go with them again through the game - notice the drops you will now suddenly get. +3 weapons drop like common trash, some pathetic Gang Leader in Peninsula District, outside of prison, drops Red Dragon Armor (yes, the same what you get in CH 3 near Klauth). Fire Giant STR Belt from some random chest and so on.

It's all level related. If you hit the game end with the char being not maxed out, you most probably wont get all these neat drops either. If you have some multiclass char, then maybe you wont get either, not sure how the game calculates the loot based on the levels - one class level, or both..

It's mostly random here and the high lvl of your char is the weighted die here.