Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-18-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm playing through as a solo Sorcorer and have realised up till now, with a party my game has been Fighter/Thief oriented. Even with a mage P.C. I've let the fighters and thieves and even Clerics in the party dominate.

Soloing has brought the game (which I've played every kit up to the end of the respective stronghold quests) very much alive for me again.

I'm also really enjoying letting magic do the talking. "Lower Magic Resistance" has become my crutch. "Protection from Normal Weapons" my bread and butter.

I also found some sites with great portraits I hadn't stumbled across before.

Thus I have a Sorcorer that has an uncanny resemblance to a long haired Eric Stolz.... hang on a mo....

Now, remember that I'm very much a raging hetrosexual when I say this, but Eric Stolz has got to be on millions of womens "most attractive males" list surely?

Anyhow, after a long day recording, I'm off for a wander through Amn.

See ya.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-18-2001, 10:20 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The only category I am guilty of neglecting is the Cleric. I usually let them languish in some corner until I need a summon or something.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
The only category I am guilty of neglecting is the Cleric. I usually let them languish in some corner until I need a summon or something.

Ah. Fair enough. I found Amn to be a handful for a good Cleric. Plenty to do. Especially up against Bodhi and co.

I played a game through with a Talosian Cleric. A right royal bastard. Gave terrible advice to those in need!

I finished ToB with this guy as well. To see how the game differed from an evil perspective as opposed to the Monk, who I played through first.

I must say I prefer the good Clerics blowing up undead. Much quicker. Shadow fiends are immune to each others weapons, so you just end up with a heap of shadow fiends standing around hitting air when you're an evil cleric.

http://www.hughwilson.com