Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-10-2002, 03:08 PM   #1
zakharak
The Magister

Hello everyone, Ive been into IWD for a couple weeks, and am just beginning chapter 2.
Well, my question would be rather it will affect me later in the game if i was to murder Oswald in the ship (the potion guy) in Kuldahar. Along with that i know i would have to get the Old Man, too

But what i found out is they have some great stuff on them after they die! Anyway, thanks.

One other question: Are there really elven ruins at Kuldahar Pass?

Peace friends.
Old 02-10-2002, 05:08 PM   #2
Darkman

Well it's true that those two have some nifty items on them, but you could just as easily pickpocket them with a Thief or Bard instead of resorting to violence [img]smile.gif[/img]

As to your other question, yes you will get the opportunity to explore some Elven ruins!
Old 02-10-2002, 09:00 PM   #3
zakharak
The Magister

Thanks for the reply Darkman: I will look forward to such ruins...

Anyway, either i have serious bad luck, or it is true that i can only pickpocket the potion guy to a certain extent: So i get a few potions, etc, a ring, and then he has nothing more to pickpocket. When i slaughter him down, (i know its not friendly like) the boots and other items were still on him.
Another thing, does reputation play a pretty big role in the game? And how do i get the spells the "Old Man" cast upon my frugal comrades?

Peace friends.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:52 AM   #4
Witch King
Dungeon Master

Reputation does have a big influence over the game; items get cheaper the higher your reputation goes up, and some (normally) friendly people turn hostile if your reputation is particulary low. As for the spells, you find spells that are just as good or even better than the old mans spells as the game goes on. Enjoy the rest of IWD.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:58 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just make sure that the Old Man you are planning to kill is NOT the archdruid in the TREE! If you kill him, you will NOT be able to complete the game as he provides valuable information as to where to go to after chapter two! The mage Orrick can be killed although his inventory changes throughout the game and he has some NICE items that you might want! Besides your rep will take a hit and that raises costs of items later on!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:18 AM   #6
zakharak
The Magister

awe ite bros, youve helped a bunch.. Good luck with the gaming. i know i will (after i get this damned video card to work...) why are they so difficult to install, never comes with the right software and drivers. but anyway, Until i figure it out i can't really play ICEWD
peace good friends.