Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The Most Powerful Thing?
Love 16 34.04%
Hate 2 4.26%
Fear 5 10.64%
Anger 7 14.89%
Faith 6 12.77%
Creativity 1 2.13%
Dreams 6 12.77%
Hope 2 4.26%
Regret 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2003, 03:34 PM   #21
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, as I've read more and more, I won't say dreams is the strongest emotion, but rather the glue of it. Without dreams to build and become better than what you are, you can't feel desire, and with dreams of course comes creativity. To look ahead to hope and have faith that it will happen and anger and hate if it doesn't come true.

Dreams start it all...
Old 05-05-2003, 04:44 PM   #22
Sythe
Ra

In my opinion I believe hate is. Hate is a powerful emotion. A emotion that can cause destructiun suffering and pain. As Yoda says

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to SUFfering!"

Hate is something that is really hard to stop. Wars sometimes get started by hate by two rival countries. Fear too is a powerful emotion. Fear almost always leads to war. Like the cold war for example it didn't lead a war between the U.S. and Soviets but it fear made the U.S. determined to stop communism fearing that communism would get too powerful to take over the world.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #23
Rokenn
Galvatron

The romantic in me wants to say love.

Unfortunatly one look at world affairs and it's easy to see that Hate is the most powerful. As even someone's love of there own people is not enough to break them out of the cycle of hate and violence. And when someone does have the courage to make that stand they are gunned down, often at the hands of a person on their 'side'.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:07 PM   #24
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Then you may ask what is the "bond"? It's not physical and it's definitely more than just a bond. I know many a mother that would throw down her life for her children. That's not through some discompassionate bond or instinct, that's love that is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think love is a very true emotion. True the word isn't always used correctly ie "I love chocolate", but I do believe in love.
Hear hear! Nicely typed Charlie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

MagiK, you make a good point. But you can still answer this poll. Which emotion do you grant most power? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:27 PM   #25
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Anger, anger makes people strong. anger can destroy anything and everything. grrr.. I feel angry already. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 05:44 PM   #26
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Anger and hate can move mountains quickly, but once moved, they easily move back. Love moves mountains, and once moved, they stay.

It's all about endurance. And who says... nevermind. Gotta keep the PG rating going...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:45 PM   #27
Lioness
Jack Burton

Toss up between love and dreams - both have shaped who I am thus far, and what I want for the future. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:52 PM   #28
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I voted for fear. How cynical, I know, not voting for all the hopey ones like love and dreams (though whether you could call dreams a force [obviously not an emotion] is debatable - perhaps more like optimism or something). But I think fear is what stops people from doing things, and what causes them to resist change. Some people have voted for hate and anger, and they've even quoted the whole fear leads to anger thing - surely that which causes the anger and the hate is the most powerful. If we don't have the courage to change, then we stagnate. So for me, fear is the most powerful thing.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:37 PM   #29
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Good Post.

Difficult but I'd say love is the most powerful. All the others are emotions that can be borne from love but not vice versa.
Charlie, that is precisely what I was going to say. Love inspires, or instigates all of the others.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-05-2003, 06:52 PM   #30
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Then you may ask what is the "bond"? It's not physical and it's definitely more than just a bond. I know many a mother that would throw down her life for her children. That's not through some discompassionate bond or instinct, that's love that is. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think love is a very true emotion. True the word isn't always used correctly ie "I love chocolate", but I do believe in love.
Hear hear! Nicely typed Charlie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

MagiK, you make a good point. But you can still answer this poll. Which emotion do you grant most power? [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]The bond of a mother is an instink to protect the child, not what i would call love, sorry this is coming out wrong, i belive love is just aword,not an emotion that behind the word is more than anyone can explain, i do *love* my children but also there is to much feelings to be explained by that word, as for lovefor say another person not my children....i have never felt it, nor do i now, even though i am married, we are comfortable...most of the time, but love wasnever there