Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 08:28 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Rikard T'Aranaxz
posted January 25, 2001 01:17 AM

I type to fast without overlooking it...
I'm 16 years old have to learn latin, ancient greek, german, freach and english on scholl
not only that my parent expect me to relearn chinese
CAN I MAKE TYPING ERRORS WITHOUT EVERYBODY SHOUTING AT ME????????/
nobody loves me

Memnoch
posted January 25, 2001 08:55 AM

Rikard, just because you already know three languages fluently, plus two that nobody ever uses anymore, doesn't mean you can't learn to speak and read Cantonese and Mandarin inside a couple of months! *takes out whip* YOU - WILL - LEARN - TO - DO - IT - RIGHT!!! (Don't forget that if you mispronounce a chinese word SLIGHTLY it becomes a totally different word)
Do or do not, there is no try.

Asphyxiate
posted January 25, 2001 10:24 AM

.. and don't forget insect. I expect to see you communicating using only a series of clicks, whistles, eyerolling and frantic flapping of your arms within the month or you're out of the tower miladdo!

Rikard T'Aranaxz
posted January 25, 2001 01:22 PM

are you talking to me?
ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?
-yes-
*sigh*
i thought so
keep on talking then

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Old 09-07-2001, 08:30 PM   #2
Rikard

Ah teasing the Rikard time i see

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-07-2001, 08:31 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Ah teasing the Rikard time i see
It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!
heeheehee

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-07-2001, 08:32 PM   #4
Rikard

I personally thought the Armiseal part was really funny

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-07-2001, 08:34 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

oh goody, i love these sessions....

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 08:38 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I liked what Rikard said in his defense in a later thread (guess which one)

Quote:
...and btw I don't have to know english for if anyone doesn't understand me he will be killed
give up?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 08:47 PM   #7
Rikard

actually it was an earlier thread
I do like my first reply though...

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-07-2001, 08:50 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

LOL, amusing thread, Larry!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-07-2001, 09:01 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, what about this one?

Quote:

Asphyxiate
I support my familiars. Tipsy, take this scroll of hol-i'sh'ite protection with you.

Tipsy McSwagger
Er. Thanks.
"I support my familiars"? Sheesh. Can't a free-wheeling, independent thief get any respect around here? No? Well how 'bout a beer?
Drink up.

Larr2
Hey Tipsy, I would give up my rep. points just to fight along side you in this battle...
You always have someone looking out for you...
(and I am sure that crazed mage meant that you were a familiar in the best way possible, ...let's just not piss'em off,,,)

TDZHON
Hmmm - Imagine a fighter/mage. A truely unstoppable combo. Timestop, then hack you to pieces. No saves, no defense, no contest. In PvP, the absolute champion. Hmmmm. Start off as a fighter, go to level 12 or so (5 poinst to two-handed, 2 to two-handed style), dual to mage, go to lvl 18. Bracers AC3, dex 18, +2 ring from Lich, +2 ring of pro, gives AC -4, 4 Attacks per round with two-handed sword, frost giant girdle, boots of etherial... Start with timestop, go etherial, improved hasete, and hack away. Game over. There would be no way to stop this strat. Only another mage getting the Timestop in first would have a chance. IMO, timestop is the ultimate spell.

Larr2
agreed!! I do love that spell...it saved my butt many a time against the Vampires at night in the streets(them's tough little (censored), no ??)

Tipsy McSwagger
Come one, come all, the amazing Tipsy McSwagger welcomes all to fight beside him. I'll teach ye the fine art of pick pocketing, lock picking and hiding in the shadows. I offer health, dental, matching 401K and discounts at all of Amn's finest merchants.
And Larr2, worry not about the loss of reputation points that ye'll get for fighting with me, ye'll win it back in spades with attention from the lasses. They do so love the bad boy types.
Drink up.

Asphyxiate
Beside you? Not I. Maybe from behind the odd rock or too, peeping out to wreak havok with all manner of weird and wonderful spells. You had better believe that this mage will not be caught dead on the front line. Or maybe would indeed be caught dead, which is why I'm not doing it. Swashbuckle away, pickled one.
I provide the pretty lights and flame, as usual.

TDZHON
My blade will go to whoever is outnumbered, though fighting alongside the boastful Paladin shall be painful. But since I am the The Great Equalizer...
"I shatter swords and splinter shields,
None Stands to the Half-Orc TDZHON.
My blade is the fount of orphans tears,
My edge the widow-maker."

Jerome
SEEMS I'VE RAISED RATHER A STORM WITH MY POST EH? GOOD TORM WATCH OVER THE FAITHFUL.
I FIND THESE PATHETIC MEWINGS... LACKING IN SUBSTANCE AND WIT MY ENEMIES, BUT I'LL FORGIVE YOU, MATCHING WIT WITH A PALADIN IS A CHALLEGING TASK.
WHY BRING WEPONS OR ANY ITEMS AT ALL TIPSY? WHEN MY HAND CHOKES THE LAST BREATH OUT OF YOUR CORRUPTED HIDE MY DOUBTERS SHALL FOREVER REMEMBER MY NAME. NO RULES OR A MEDIATOR IS NEEDED.
BUT I ACTUALLY HAVE TAKEN A LIKING TO YOU TIPSY BUT IF YOU STAND IN THE WAY OF JUSTICE I WONT BE SO LENIANT. BTW WHERE HAS THIS LARGE AUDIENCE COME FROM??? EVIL HORDES FROM THE WORLD OVER ARE GATHERING HERE. JUSTICE WATCHES EVER VIGILENTLY
SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN

Kal Zakath
So a dual you say, Jerome VS Tipsy. A thief VS a paladin, not much of a fight... Since none of you can cast real spells like myself. Maybe I should teach both of you what TRUE power is. What you say?
"Swords and Arrows,
bolts and blades,
none of these can
touch a mage."

Jerome
TIPSY I BELIVE WE JUST FOUND SOMEONE WHO DARE STAND IN THE WAY OF OUR GREAT FIGHT... I PROPOSE WE CALL A TRUCE SO WE CAN HUNT DOWN THIS IBICILE AND CUT HIM INTO TINY PEICES.. WHAT DO YOU SAY???

A Mage named Rikard
If everybody help dear ol'soon to be dead tipsy me and my death spells(necromancers rule tha world) i should help Jerome cast a vampiric touch and you're dead if not i'll bring my avenger
chain lightning will kill you alll
RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSKKKKK (except larry i need larry)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 09:05 PM   #10
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Ah, memories.....

(And the the only threads in which i can call Cloudy a newbie )

------------------