Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-07-2001, 12:38 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Yes, Cloudy, I am in a much better frame of mind, thanks to your tender ministrations. It's a funny thing how one gets sort of attached to a thread if it takes off. I was rather surprised this morning when I signed on and found that the thread had garnered so much attention. I was then rudely surprised by WHAT had been posted. I guess I hadn't realized how much this place means to me until I saw (what I considered to be) a problem come from something I had started. I actually felt kind of guilty, although I know that's ridiculous.
In any event, I think you and Memnoch and Sazerac are right, let it stand as an example of how NOT to participate.
Thanks for being you, Cloudykins.
I know precisely what you mean!!! Have had that feeling a few times over the last 7+ months, myself! But as others have said, threads can and DO take on lives of their own once you launch them. You can only tend to them so much and then watch in awe if the take off on a good track.

As for feeling guilty.. yup, I understand that but I also know it's not your fault, so no need for that feeling just now! hmmm... now you CAN feel guilty for not having any FUN today! Mayhap when I get home, I shall find some FUN to unleash on the unsuspecting hordes...BWHAAHAHAHA..err... ahem... *sweet and innocent smile* anyway... so glad to see the thread is left... I think it will be ok! I might even read through it and post if my brain will function later! teehee

Cloudy
Herald of the Life Source

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-08-2001, 04:20 AM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
[B]I began a thread asking for input on how America is seen politically from the eyes of other nations. I had hoped to get honest feedback from folks who don't live in my country in order to broaden my perspective. To those who responded to that thread with integrity and civility, Thank You.
Some individuals chose to ignore the topic, contravene the rules of this board, and generally act in a completely disrespectful and even malicious manner. This saddens me because Ironworks has been a place where everyones opinion is respected, no matter how far out it may be, a long as they remain civil. This board, because of the people who post on it, is a very special place. I would hate to think that I have even inadvertantly contributed to creating a problem here.
B]

I hope you didn't regard my post in there as such Absynth I was making a serious point about the chewing gum problem in New York and the impression it has on visitors - even though I coated it in (attempted) jest.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-08-2001, 08:13 AM   #23
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Absynthe! No..please leave it! I think it is a good thing to have threads like that so in future we have examples of good and unacceptable posts to show new members...not to mention that YOU did nothing wrong!

Your thread began in an honest attempt at communcication and learning from others! If a few people couldn't handle the freedom to speak without turning vicious or rude, it is NOT your fault in any way! Maybe a mod can lock the thread and it will sink, if you like. It is my hope that we will one day have a forum for such topics (ones that have a tendency to be controversial on occasion but DO have a place in our communicating and learning ). GD would still have serious type things in addition to the fun ones but the political or religious or any other topic that would almost certainly be considered 'controversial' would go to that forum. IF we get one that is!

Anyway, just my opinon. BTW, Absynthe, we don't cross posts often, but I wanted to tell you that you are one of the most reasonable, intelligent and open people I've seen on the forum. I know that when you post, it will make sense and you will be respectful of those around you. You and I have lots of things we don't agree on (religion springs to mind! ) but we DO respect one another and DO enjoy each other's posts and listen to each other's thoughts. And we can even have fun! I like to read things with you in them. THAT is the type of relationship I treasure on this board. And if some new member is trashing the ideals of IW, he/she needs to see what we do and do not stand for. Self-policing, Memnoch called it, way back in my early days on Ironworks, and it works.

Please don't feel bad , I'll be forced to post controversial escapist threads and poor Memsy will explode or implode or somesuch... *snicker*

Cloudy

Perhaps we should have a separate 'Dire Warnings' Forum where all the locked threads are stashed!

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 09:50 AM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Too bad that I missed that thread, it seemed like a topic worthy of discussion.