Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2001, 09:31 AM   #41
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The funniest name ever been given to a guy happened in the early nineties when me and my buds were playing AD&D the pencil game.

My friend (who shall remain nameless) made a character that was a 'martial arts' master and loved him so much he drew a picture of him. The pictue showed im flying through the air in a kicking mode... but it looked like he only had 1 testicle.

We abruptly coined his character "Wun Hung Lo" (One Hung Low).

We still laugh about him to this day.

Other names I use are from the greek era... Polynikes, Leonidas, Lady Arete.. or old computer games.. Xevius, Xaxxon, Grog...I use some "Far Side" cartoon names also ... "Thak, Grog" etc...

Or I just make up (sortof) names.... see if you can guess what class they are.
Arcanus
Slither
Slivery
Yin
Yang
Jezebel
R'oby

[This message has been edited by AcePylut (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-15-2001, 04:28 AM   #42
xzar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I always play with the name Myrrdin. It is scottish for Merlin the wizard. Worst characters I've made are Lars Manhammer (human fighter lawful good, proficient with war hammers and longswords) Marylin (male half-elven jester) and Gologologolon (gnomish barbarian).
Old 11-15-2001, 04:42 AM   #43
YeRFDoG
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
My own name, Ryan. I take my RPGs very seriously, actually I play them as myself... and then laugh my ass off in the process, but I never name my characters anything else... except when they are women of course... I name them Athena, or Isabel.
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/smile.gif[/IMG]

I do the same, always use my real name, as it makes the RPG seem more personal and therefore more interesting. It's hard not to be serious when someone tells you to do something with your real name, even though it's only a game....

I haven't made up many funny or stupid names, but I think my friend did allright. He had a character in Diablo 2, a Barbarian, called SiSSy B***H (censored )
Old 11-15-2001, 04:47 AM   #44
YeRFDoG
The Magister

Hmm.... I also seem to remember a boss in a certain RPG game (not BG2) whos name was Snotpuss. I'm serious.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:41 AM   #45
Link
Jack Burton

I always call them Link.. Dunno why, but it somehow sounds better.. Maybe the fact that I always play male (female.. pfff!! ) explains the male name.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-15-2001, 07:46 AM   #46
The Drunken Monkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Best name ever - Bob - works with all classes all races.

Bob the Wizard
Bob the Fighter
Bob the Builder

Worst name - NotveryGood

NotVeryGood human fighter
NotveryGood - elf wizard
Old 11-15-2001, 09:21 AM   #47
DragonReborn
Dungeon Master

Hi, I also normally use my own name for a m/f character, which is Chris...handy for males and females ...Although now Im playing with a kickass halforc Barbarian, and I called him Gratch...thought Chris was a bit to...ehm...sophisticated or something...

DragonReborn
Old 11-15-2001, 10:16 AM   #48
Anarion

warhammer, tolkien and raymond feist names are where im at.

my counjerer is usualy called Elrohir or something similar.(my protaginist is always a counjerer)

as for a stupid name, my brother called his swashbuckler- Sophie the Great. how inventive [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2001, 12:44 PM   #49
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by The Drunken Monkey:
Best name ever - Bob - works with all classes all races.

Bob the Wizard
Bob the Fighter
Bob the Builder

Worst name - NotveryGood

NotVeryGood human fighter
NotveryGood - elf wizard

Actually I had quite a bit of fun with an Elven bladesinger named Baughb (pronounced bob)
Old 11-15-2001, 07:18 PM   #50
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've pinched names from Tolkein, Feist, Eddington, the forgotten realms novels and the Arthurian legends.

Favorite names:

Gareth Ap Orkney - paladin
Siobahn and Gwenyth - female Cleric and druid
Mai Ling Su - a 40th level monk from TOB who was also known in our MPlayer group as the PMS Queen - its a long story but resulted when one of the major NPCs in the game made a comment that she took umbrage at, and she went off on him solo while the rest of the group stood around slack jawed. You had to be there ..... lol

but my all time favorite (at least with CRPGs)is Tel'Quessar ... an elven fighter/mage/thief who insisted on maintaining his privacy and will say nothing of his homeland or background. Taken directly from Tolkein, his name means simply "One of the people".

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783