Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2002, 03:38 AM   #11
morningstar
The Magister

To begin the game, better armour and weapons and the chests to keep filling up to provide better money at the start. Good weapons to be found only in chests and better weapons to be found in towns as the game progresses. More towns to visit and lots more quests to choose from. Also teleporting needs a spell which can be bought or acquired early in the game, and not only just 4 but so as you can teleport from anywhere to anywhere at will. Also better indication of what harm or spell it is that has wounded the person. Hit points need to be clear with each fight and what energy level the person has such as a metre for spells and health. A variety of big boss monsters which increase in hit points as the game progresses. I do not think on-line games are the go as they can cost too much and puts off many an Australian Player as availability of this is not good in Australia. However it would be good to be able to network with other computers so that others can play along with you only as an option. Also camping out to regain all energy would be good. Maps could be shown as you are travelling with the markers the gamer puts on showing where the person is travelling without having to put it full on-screen.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:52 AM   #12
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Games like Baldurs gate have done well with an expansion. Why not W&W? It would be good to load an expansion over your W&W game that addresses all of the glitches that new players are tormented by. A couple of more towns wouldn't hurt.
There are a few things that would be very handy. How about a game manual that could be accessed without quitting the game. I would like to be able to skip long speeches that I have heard before. Give me a better selection of weapons, in RPG's my 2nd fighter is usually a dwarf that specializes in axe, we have this great opportunity to specialize in weapons but all the best weapons are swords.
I would like to see my charactors more responsible for their actions. Recently I had to kill a mermaid but even the other mermaids didn't notice. How about if you lose presence ability points for evil deeds, similar to losing reputation points in Baldurs Gate.
When I created my team I left the 6th slot free for any npc's that were likely to join my party. Nobody wants to join, maybe I should wear a deodorant. A good scenerio would be if you rescued a npc from Cet & he sets you on course to the next 2 towns, of course you would have to take it with you because of some special skill or need it has.
W&W is a magic game & I think that it could be improved on with an expansion.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 06:44 AM   #13
rodizi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One thing I'd add is a "Rest" function at the Inns so that your party could stop adventuring for the night (similar to Baldur's Gate). With the limited view at night time, it makes exploring new areas alot deadlier than during the day. To go with that capability, a clock of some sort would be nice so that you could start heading back to town before darkness set in.
rodizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 07:54 AM   #14
Radek
Red Dragon

W&W has one fantastic property: Even during the 20th pass through, you will find ways of improving your strategy and tactics. Please understand me well, I am not speaking about trying new classes or about trying something completely new - I am speaking about your beloved strategy and tactics. There is always something to invent or discover in the game. Which else game has this feature?
How is it possible? Because of all the bugs in the game. Let us note, that the game is awfully buggy, nevertheless, the game is played again and again. And it is played again and again by - I daresay - intellectual people (see the thread about "who are you?"), which would not play a buggy game if it weren't good in some sense. Therefore:

1. Convert as much "features" of W&W as possible into regular possibilities! Especially, allow all characters to join all guilds legally and allow the characters to gain enough money fast. the party should be able to train or enchant items when it decides to do so. Money should not be the obstacle.

Not all possibilities should be converted. Some of them allow to create demi gods. That's not good. Therefore:

2. Remove Reset Adventures! Reset Adventures is the main tool for creating demi gods. On the other hand, allow to return to a previously taken role.
3. Both dungeons and the wilderness should be adaptive: The monsters created by the monster generator sould depend on your current level and your current equipment somehow. You should find Jungle Lilies where you found bats when you were weak. This need not mean necessarily that there should be much more monsters in the game. The current monsters can change their strenght, endurance, and abilities according to your abilities. A bat from the beginning of the game need not be the same bat as a bat at level 50 with a blessed weapon in hand.

Also I would like to add a few of my personal wishes [img]smile.gif[/img]

3. Do something with ladders!
4. Rework elevators. They are unbearable!
5. Allow resting. For example, in the town inn or tavern. Do not force us to travel in nights if we don't want to.
6. Do something with training. We should not lose opporunity to train when we level up more than once.
7. Allow to store items somewhere. For example, in any chest in the game.
8. Improve behaviour of NPCs. For example, Medakwa should not send you to the toad village after finishing Shiwiki's quest.
9. Rework dialogs! They are excruciating! For example, return to the old method of dialog windows with a few buttons for selecting an action.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:18 PM   #15
Arsales
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ide put in more species to play, more spells, multiplayer, more wepons, a new time (in other words a sort of mix of 3000 and dark ages or 2003 or something like that to bring more items wepons and armor), NPC's that are abvel to join your partey and abel to tell you things well in your party, the charecters in your party from the beginning abel to tell you things, a bigger party, the abilletey to actully see your party on the screen, actully have backpacks and be abel to store things in them, have at least two servants that can carry a chest the you are abel to pick up and put down and are abel to use wepons, be abel to control charecters in your party seperatley and have a button for each charecter to take you to theyr screen (lik put on charceter in this town one in another and have a button for each charecter), aculy be abel to walk through the town gates and through the town and through doors, bigger better towns, be abel to ride on a dragons back or two , talk through your mike if you have one two other player charecters, be abel to climb like in the first WW and tents that you can take down and put up with campfires, and you should have to eat food, shorter days, longer nights, a chalender, and im out of ideas. But if i think of more ill post them
Old 07-29-2002, 02:03 PM   #16
Arsales
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OH OH OH! I KNOW! Theyr should be a town that you have to save or two and the mantraps shouldent have the dragon breath! The should have fireball! I hate those things! first time i found them my guys where dead in like 5 seconds!
Old 07-29-2002, 02:23 PM   #17
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Arsales Please restrain yourself to using your sig once per thread. It loads quicker that way and the Mantraps dont' have dragon Breath it is more like Deadly Vapors.
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:39 PM   #18
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's amazing how we gripe when faced with monsters that can slay us without breathing hard, but we feel no regret or remorse when we slaughter them in the same way...

Of course, personally I despise the salads, but I do respect that they make me focus on the game when they show up!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 10:01 AM   #19
Arsales
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And you should be abel to get the exat things the ppl you killed are wearing. You know like the serpent temple guy's robe's and stuff!
Old 07-30-2002, 02:25 PM   #20
CLAN MCRAE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

a more fluid story-line would make the game nice for me. i like interacting with npcs.. it makes the game more real. the game world
has the best ive seen in graphics for it kind. theres always going to
be improvments.. id say more sounds in the game play ie; making npcs
more real, wind rain lighting, i want to feel the life of characters
and the enviroment. with fortitude clan mcrae
CLAN MCRAE is offline   Reply With Quote