Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 09:32 AM   #11
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Some of those union forwards are pretty bloody tough, but I think the league forwards have it over them in terms of fitness. League forwards have to do a lot more tackling and hitting the ball up than union forwards, who need to be good at scrummaging and rucking as well as lineouts.

The NZ haka is pretty awesome to watch, though ultimately futile (I welcome responses from Azurewolf on this topic. )

How come you know about union Caleb? What's your Kiwi connection?

Ack dont remind me my dads a kiwi and will take every chance he gets to say how much better the new zealand way is compared to america the "bloody punks" MOVE BACK THERE IF ITS SO DAMN GOOD is what I have to say! all I saw when we went there were sheep upon sheep and everything closes early!

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 09:41 AM   #12
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I forgot to add when I was a young kid and watched him and his rugby team start to lose and decide to win the fight thats when I learned the beauty of rugby and now he watches the local games and complains of those dirty cheating lifters when he wasnt adverse to giving the occasional elbow while running

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 11:16 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Ack dont remind me my dads a kiwi and will take every chance he gets to say how much better the new zealand way is compared to america the "bloody punks" MOVE BACK THERE IF ITS SO DAMN GOOD is what I have to say! all I saw when we went there were sheep upon sheep and everything closes early!

Caleb, so you're half kiwi? The Land of the Long White Cloud...where men are men...and sheep are nervous.

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 11:43 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Can West Australia play Rugby or what. Locals are raving that their effort against the Lions was the best from the locals in many a year. It was the first time they have scored a try against a touring side in 20 years, and the first time ever that they have scored two tries in a game against tourists. This new breed of British Lion must really SUCK (ducks quickly to avid hand grenades from Antonius and Donut) .

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 11:47 AM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

Yeah, I am from Lancashire and we prefer league up here.

Especially when you have two teams like Wigan and St.Helens.

+ The Lions beat some SW Austrailia 126-10 didnt they?or something like that.!

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 11:55 AM   #16
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Can West Australia play Rugby or what. Locals are raving that their effort against the Lions was the best from the locals in many a year. It was the first time they have scored a try against a touring side in 20 years, and the first time ever that they have scored two tries in a game against tourists. This new breed of British Lion must really SUCK (ducks quickly to avid hand grenades from Antonius and Donut) .

When was the last time another team put over 100 points past them?

Also, how many of the players on the pitch will make the full test side?
(This assumes they don't all get injured first - which at the moment seems likely).

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 06-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 11:59 AM   #17
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Caleb, so you're half kiwi? The Land of the Long White Cloud...where men are men...and sheep are nervous.

I resent that statement Well okay so maybe some of the farmers get a bit...well..lonely.. Damn I really need to get out of this shit hole and into a real country, stuff being patriotic!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-09-2001, 12:02 PM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

In answer to those last two questions, no one fails to score less than 80 points against them (WA rugby side), I think you beat the 95 points (to nil)that South Africa scored against them last year though - and none of those who played for West Australia stand a snowflakes chance in hell of playing for the Wallabies. They wouldn't make up the 3rds for a proper State team like Queensland or the ACT. A better analogy would be the Lions playing Belgium (no offense to Belgians, but that is about the standard we are talking here). West Australia plays Australian Football, but not very well at present, because my beloved Brisbane Lions beat the Weagles tonight - WOOHOO - celebration time.

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 01:20 PM   #19
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well it's been a late one tonight, but the Aussies have strolled in to win the first one dayer against Pakistan. Were you watching England!!!!!!

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 02:20 PM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well it's been a late one tonight, but the Aussies have strolled in to win the first one dayer against Pakistan. Were you watching England!!!!!!

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go

Looks like Ponting didn't disgrace himself this time.

------------------