Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
SleepyJay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm slightly confused on where I go now.

I have two saved games that I'm trying to decide about. In one, I've just started Chapter 6. In the other, I've entered "Heart of Winter" without yet finishing Chapter 5.

Is there a way I should do this? Like, should I finish Chapter 6 and HoW will then begin right after, or should I do all of HoW and then return to finish Chapter 6?

Does it even matter?

thanks
jason.

[ 11-08-2005, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: SleepyJay ]
SleepyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

It really doesn't matter, if you defeat the main boss and go to HoW, all your characters will be back to life if any died , and you will have some more XP to boot!.

Personally, I would finish IWD first.

[ 11-08-2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Kyrvias ]
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:21 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

It doesn't really matter. If you've finished IWD without doing HoW, you can just start an expansion-only game and import your characters.

Personally, I like to play the game "in order" (e.g. IWD until you find the six b_____, then HoW, to TotL just before crossing the Sea of Moving Ice, when TotL finished, then finish HoW, then IWD). But in all honesty it doesn't really matter, even in terms of how strong the final "boss" is. I find the L_____ to be about as difficult as B______.

[ 11-07-2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 11-07-2005, 07:52 AM   #4
SleepyJay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aerich:

I don't believe my question or Kyrvias's answer to be a spoiler. (Your answer might be.)

I had this debate with myself before I began. Am I really ruining anything? I'd be pissed off if the order *was* important and it was just another of those plot bugs. All I'm asking is whether I have to end IWD before beginning HoW; had I used that terminology, perhaps you wouldn't have bothered telling me this is a possible spoiler. Is someone's experience going to be ruined because they've been reminded about some person whom I'm sure they've talked to? I almost forgot, in fact, as it's an easy path to take when you reach chapter six, to forget about some conversation from chapter two. I mean, I found the door when I had all the keys. I'm glad I remembered--albeit after I when through that door--about some barbarian's offer for more work.

Is this any more spoiling than explaining how to build a "perfect" party? Or a question about items?

It seems to me if you bought HoW, that you might just know of it's existence and if you stumbled upon it, it might enhance your game play if you knew that you'd not be missing out on something.

jason.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

Edit: no longer necessary

[ 11-07-2005, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
SleepyJay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've changed the wording. I don't actually want to write anything that might spoil, and I don't want to write "Spoiler" at the top because I don't think it needs to be written in such a way that it needs to reveal anything.

Therefore, I would suggest that you add "Spoiler" to the top of /your/ response, so that this post is covered. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for your help.
jason.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

All fixed. [img]smile.gif[/img] Now we just need Kyrvias to change a line or two...
Old 11-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Done.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:17 PM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

There is a certain very nice sword that you get when you arrive back in Easthaven. If you finish IWD than do HoW at some point in HoW you get to upgrade that sword making it even more powerful.

That is the only thing you will miss in doing them in order and due to the sword, the final boss of HoW says a few different things.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Like I said. IWD first. Especially for the sword.