Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-05-2000, 08:58 AM   #1
W3Artiste

Can anyone give me some tips on beating Elyssia and her mob? I'm getting wasted by all the spells being tossed my way. I don't think I've developed my magic casters very well, cause they seem pretty weak and ineffective. Let me describe my party...

Level 8 M Gourk barbarian
Level 9 F Human fighter (ready for ninja promotion if I ever get out of here!)
Level 9 M Human fighter (ready for samurai promotion)
Level 8 F Whiskah priest(heal, spirit eye, bless, binding force, greater heal, slow, haste, repel, ??) ready for monk promotion
Level 8 M Oomphaz wizard (burn, torchlight, flamestrike, blinding flash, shock, armorplate, realm of armor, ??)
level 9 F Gnome rogue (ready for bard promotion)

Any strategies you think could be helpful would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 10-05-2000, 11:39 AM   #2
Bigdog

I was getting wasted as well, what I did was start attacking her a try to kill her as fast as possible, requires a couple loads but you can kill her before all those serpent guys get to you, make sure you cast bloodlust on your party and bless. Then once you kill her quickly grab her staff and whatever else (you can leave the mask it won't disappear). Then run back to where the elevator was and heal your party fast(because the serpents are coming. Once your reasonably healed, go fight them as they come up the corridor, so that only 1-2 can attack you. The only ones you really need to worry about are the caretakers and that nasty bug spell that hits everyone. Good luck =)

Old 10-05-2000, 01:25 PM   #3
Philip

Once I found out how tough she and here entourage were, I began by shooting a spell at her from the doorway and then running away (I do a LOT of running away). Then I picked off those nasty priest guys in groups of one or two, taking out Elyssia near the end. A couple of characters were killed, but I just resurrected them and went on.

Old 10-05-2000, 02:06 PM   #4
JaredC80SF

Here's what I did:

If you go engage conversation with her, then run back up the ramp to the entrance, she will usually follow you up there. I just waited until she was around the corner, then cast Silence on her (not sure if you have this spell but it prevents monsters from casting spells. I use it on every boss and it usually saves my ass, heh). Then just beat her down. The serpent guys will file in one by one for their beat down, and you can smoke them accordingly. All I can say is if you got Silence, USE IT!

Happy Adventuring!

Jared

Old 10-05-2000, 02:17 PM   #5
W3Artiste

Thanks guys! I'll give these ideas a try later on tonight! BTW, Jared, I wish I had "silence". What discipline/level is that spell? Is it a Wizard or Priest spell?

Old 10-12-2000, 12:13 AM   #6
dvicci

I've got a question... uh... WHERE IS SHE?! I've spent two hours looking through this maze, going up this elevator, down that one, and no Elyssia anywhere. I can't get out b/c the grate leading out to where the serpent holding rooms (and thus the rear entrance to the temple) won't rise, so I assume I have to beat Elyssia first...

help...?

Old 10-12-2000, 12:16 AM   #7
Philip

Don't you have any light spells?

Old 10-12-2000, 12:37 AM   #8
BlackFiend

Thinking back to that battle I had to run away half way through for healing. But I do remember that buffing was important: Armor, Haste, Bloodlust. Also, summoning monsters helps keep those priests off you for a short bit.

So far though in this game, the biggest boons are the AE spells that do massive damage to multiple monsters. I simply back up (but not so far as to bump the clock cycle up) and cast. When you have Haste on your group you can really get a lot of damage out between enemy strikes.

Old 10-12-2000, 12:47 AM   #9
MrCreosote

I just popped up the stairs and lobbed a couple of magma balls down them, and that took care of the lot of them. If you dont have a room clearing spell then its still worth trying that tactic of going in the stair well as only a couple of them will be able to get at you.

Old 10-12-2000, 01:14 AM   #10
dvicci

I FOUND HER! My problem was that the lock in which you use the key received from the Serpent Keeper at the bottom of the "Long Fall" was hidden by dark... I've got the gamma turned up, but the game is still fairly dark on my monitor, and I just couldn't see the lock. I finally decided that the wall that appeared to hide something DID, in fact, hide something, and I stayed there until I found the lock that I knew had to be there.

Man... that was tedious... but I'm FINALLY out of the Temple! Woo hoo!!