Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

sadly I do not have the entire story, husband told me about it, and I got what I could from the free pages of our newspaper......

2. Driver looks in box, finds rising cobra
Abstract: A lot of people would walk the other way if they spotted a wooden box with the words "Live venomous reptile" scrawled on the side — but not Paul Mitchell. Mitchell was driving east of downtown Little Rock on Friday ...
Date: 05/15/2004

also reported to be found in the box were 2 black mambas and a green mamba, they guy took them to the zoo, which reportedly did not want the snakes, but could not refuse them either, due to the risk the snakes presented to the city..

would you have opened the box? can not say yes or no to that question, it says what is in it, why open it? call the police, unless you have a death wish, lol
Old 05-17-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

I would not have opened the box... but I would have taken it to someone who knew about venemous snakes and could deal with whatever might be inside (they're beautiful animals... and I wouldn't want them to die because I was afraid to do something about their plight).
Old 05-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

that is true, I did not mean let them die, but obviously, if it says live venomous reptiles, you should not open it, the guys waqs lucky the cobra did not attack him. [img]smile.gif[/img] me, I might have kept them just to annoy my husband he hates snakes, and killed a baby timber rattler that I had caught and put in a jar, made me sad, but with little kids around, having on there around the house would not be a good idea
Old 05-17-2004, 11:14 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Being that I have handled both types of mambas as well as over 250 different types of reptiles. I would have found a CO2 Fire bottle and blasted the breather holes on 4 sides of the reptile Box, they always have them. The CO2 would put any type reptile into a state of semi sespended animation and not kill them if you don't get carried away. Afterward I would have opened the box to see what kind of Venomous Reptile was in the box then closed it back up and found a zoo. But I wouldn't advise most people to try this!! As far as the guy that just opened the box, He is a bit of A fool and lucky to be alive.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
Too Darkpark
The Magister

Surely, almost nobody would have opened that box but did the article say whether the box looked as if it truly might have contained snakes besides the writing? Perhaps the man didn't believe what was written on the box.
I might be a little skeptical if I saw a box on the
sidewlak or in the middle of the street which said venomous reptiles inside. I wouldn't think someone would leave a box with 'em in such a place.

In any case, I would have at least shaken the box lightly to see if anything was truly inside.

Still, if I had any suspicion that there might be snakes inside I would NOT open the box. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I could not find out the answer to tha6t question, it cost money for me to see the whole article, and I do not have the money :/ but I do know the guy was a worker for the electric company, and I would not just open any box, no matter what it said was inside, we have been having trouble with people threating to plant bombs and stuff around here again, and to just open a box you find on the highway seems a good way to get hurt or killed..
Old 05-18-2004, 03:46 AM   #7
Cienden
Manshoon

Last time I saw a snake (copperhead) live outside a zoo, it got run over.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:47 AM   #8
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Curiosity kill(ed) the cat. Enough said.

[ 05-18-2004, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 05-18-2004, 03:49 PM   #9
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I would pull out my drill and drill a very small hole into the box then have a look with my mini spy camara. Yeah right I would run away like a scaed child. No really I think I would try to take it to some place were it would cause no harm yo to others.

And if know one takes it then it is time for the snakes to die.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Crimson Blade, you are so cool. It's awesome that you've handled so many snakes. I'd love to pick your brain about it.

Anyway, I have encountered way too many snakes in the wild -- they scare the holy crap outta me every time. But, my curiosity cannot be contained, and if they were in a box, I'd be really darned curious. Yeah, I would have opened it -- one way or another.

And Stormy, if you've ever seen someone laid up in ICU after having a close encounter with an angry Timber Rattler (3 bites before he could get away), you'd have thunk differently. Rattlers are unforgiving. With a lot of fixed-fang snakes, especially the groove-fanged and rear-fanged ones, you can get lucky -- about 50% of bites are "blank bites" with no venom transferred. But, with the folding fanged Rattlers, most bites are true.