Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-26-2003, 01:10 AM   #11
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Hagan lost all respect when he squealed to the UN. :shame: This is a LOCAL issue and it should stay that way.
And with that, that's all I'm sayin' on this thread.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:35 AM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
Hagan lost all respect when he squealed to the UN. :shame: This is a LOCAL issue and it should stay that way.
And with that, that's all I'm sayin' on this thread.
And where else would he complain too? IIRC the local embassy to the intergalactic fedaration of human rights commision xybebop IV *milkyway division* has been closed for some time.

Or maybe their is one just opened up where you live?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-26-2003, 04:38 AM   #13
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I think Mr. Hagan should accept that this is in the past. I'd agree with him if this stand had been named recently, but as it stands, I don't think he has a legitimate argument. '■■■■■■' was this man's nickname, and it was an acceptable word decades ago, so to try and go back and change something that is offensive nowadays just seems like a refutation of history. It's like a German trying to eradicate Hitler from the encyclopaedia.

Not so.

To get to the essence of all problems, let's put ourselves there. No doubt the public will be buying tickets....

John: where are we sitting?
Frank: the ■■■■■■ stand... the ■■■■■■ stand has the best view....

See? the problem is that this word will be used for over 500 times that day and maybe more. This will UNDERSTANDABILY cause sensitivity to those who hear it, especially Aboriginals and Afro Americans.
Unlike removing Hitler from a dictionary, this is a common day used word, used over and over again by hundreds at one spot. CONCENTRATED