Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

With all the crap (can I say crap? You just did Gabe, twice. oh.) that been going on lately I figure it no use going go on and on about.. (edited, as he went on and on.).. That being said, What your dream? Your life goals, what do you want to do, see, go, eat, climb, bonk, etc.

What mine you ask (like they asked) I want to travel the length of Japan, from south-most tip to the northest point, And well that pretty much it, I end by asking once again, What yours?
Old 11-24-2002, 10:06 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It is far-fetched...but my dream would be to be a personal and up-close witness to the major deadly natural disasters of the world.
* I want to feel an 8.0 earthquake under my feet
* I want to see a volcano erupt, and be close enough to throw a rock into the lava that is gooing past me.
* I want to see a tornado heading my way.
* I want to be in one of those mansoons...the tropical hurricanes.

I guess I would like to see a meteor crash down as well...but...er...there's not much chance living through that one like the others.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:08 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Well, that's ever so slightly morbid, Larry.

My dream would be to someday have hockey as my career. As it is, I know I'm not going to go professional or anything, but I would like to somehow be involved in hockey in a career. My ultimate goal would be to be a coach. Not likely, but hey.

EDIT: Larry, how bout a firestorm swirling around you? Just a thought.

[ 11-24-2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 11-24-2002, 10:10 PM   #4
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm my goal ... is to restore old classic cars for a living.

Btw larry i knew north carolina had some crazy people but.....yeah [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-24-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Blind_Prophet ]
Old 11-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #5
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
It is far-fetched...but my dream would be to be a personal and up-close witness to the major deadly natural disasters of the world.
* I want to see a volcano erupt, and be close enough to throw a rock into the lava that is gooing past me.

I guess I would like to see a meteor crash down as well...but...er...there's not much chance living through that one like the others.
I've been through a hurricane (nobody died and it did only minor damage) and it was indeed awesome and an adrenaline rush. If it had been a real killer I'm sure I wouldn't have felt that way.
When I was 12 the house I lived in was hit by a tornado, the roof was blown off, every window and door broken. I don't ever want to go through that again.
I was driving on the highway South of Los Angeles when a 4.0 earthquake hit.

I've lived 3/5ths of your dream life and pray to God that I'm not blessed with the rest of your dream. It wasn't fun when it happened and I can't make it seem like fun now. (Much like being a mod )
Old 11-24-2002, 11:00 PM   #6
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well, Larry, having been 5 miles away from a F5 Tornado, I can safley say, that, no, you dont want to go through that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for my goals..I am kind with Moose on this one, I would like to do something with hockey, I doubt it will ever happen though.

[ 11-24-2002, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-24-2002, 11:06 PM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Open up a B&B. Something small. Sounds like alot of work but working for your self is the way to go. Some where warm would be a bonus.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:16 PM   #8
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Larry you will be pleased to hear that 3 out of those four are easy.(But costly)
Go to Mount Etna (Helens in America, fool), Italy on hoilday, it been going of for few months now or Hawi (Or one of the ilands around there, I hear some nutter makes and sell pots out of the lava.)
Tornado Tours are going every season.
Mansoons will be hard thought you have to travel to some where like India.
Meteor Inpack well, you could surive if it's not to big but boy there rare.
Oh and why not a normal hurricane?

[ 11-26-2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Gabriel ]
Old 11-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #9
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Dreams, I've had my share. I'd love to open up a book store and have enough money so that I never have to worry if I never sell a book. Another thing I've always wanted to do is to hitch-hike through England decked out in full cowboy mode (Hat, western shirt, jeans, big buckle, boots, and duster). I don't normally dress that way but I think it would be fun to act out the sterotypical Texan while touring England.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:47 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
[QBI've always wanted to do is to hitch-hike through England decked out in full cowboy mode (Hat, western shirt, jeans, big buckle, boots, and duster). I don't normally dress that way but I think it would be fun to act out the sterotypical Texan while touring England.[/QB]
LOL!!!!!!!!

Go for it
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge