Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-10-2001, 09:28 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Saw some of these items for sale at Waukeen's Promenade (various merchants). Are there any caveats regarding the use of these containers? I remember reading that there were some bugs/quirks associated with them.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
Old 04-10-2001, 09:40 PM   #2
TheDutkanator

I've played through the game twice and not had any troubles using them. You do run into gliches if you buy one and attempt to create another using CLUAConsole:CreateItem. It's not a "bad" glich, but it definately doesn't give you the desired affects. If you purchase all your bags/cases, or if you only create 1 of each, you should have no problems.

------------------
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?"
Old 04-10-2001, 09:41 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

OK - thanks.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:55 PM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hello Hayashi,

I've got 5 gem bags (all stolen) and 1 is now bugged for some reason but works perfectly well. It shows a magical amulet in the bag which isn't there and whatever item you put in first still shows as a magical amulet instead of the "actual" item dropped in. After the first item all other items show up normally and ALL items can be retrieved no problem. Strange "bug" and the first I've experienced regarding gem bags (2nd time through the game) but totally harmless in all respects.

Incidentally, I would suggest you d/load the patch if you haven't already done so.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-10-2001, 11:27 PM   #5
Desuma_Malevois

Although I've never tried it, I seem to recall reading at alt.baldurs-gate that there is only one Bag of Holding available in the game. If you try to create another one using a cheat, its contents will mirror what is in the original bag (no, it doesn't create any extra items this way!)

Perhaps this is the quirk that you remember?

Old 04-10-2001, 11:29 PM   #6
BG2SOA

Yes,Desuma is 100% right.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-11-2001, 03:44 AM   #7
Aurican
Elminster

They made six sets of scroll cases and gem bags for each respective party member. They all have their own unique item content. The bag of holding however is unique in that there is only one. Try to create another and it will have all the same stuff in it as the first. If you don't have one and have not encountered the game bag, you should get a new empty bag. Does that make sense? It is kind of late here...

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 04-11-2001, 08:18 AM   #8
Lord Shield

One question about that double-Bag of Holding bug. If you put, say, Crom Faer in a bag, it would mirror in the other right? If you then opened the bags and dumped the Crom Faers into your backpoack would you have two of them? Or would the second disappear when the first was ejected?

Old 04-11-2001, 08:25 AM   #9
Charlie
Lord Ao

Not that I'd ever do it anyway, but if you were to create another EMPTY B of H (making sure the original is empty prior to creating the new one) then you wouldn't have duplicated items would you? Or are you saying that whatever is dropped into one bag is automatically duplicated in the other?

P.S. Sorry if it's a silly question.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-11-2001, 08:47 AM   #10
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I had problems with the bag of holding, I'd put something in it come back later and it would be gone. These are items I know I had, like the forgable item etc.. that I was trying to keep safe. I had to use (ahem) shadowkeeper to get them back.
Anyone else suffer from this, or was I doing something stupid.