Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #11
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What the bloody hell? Bungleau, could you possibly tell me which classes can use a bow and which cant? I bought this game many many years ago and I've lost the manual a long time ago so now I'm kind of in distress....

Thanks all!
Old 11-16-2003, 05:53 PM   #12
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Out of interest, does raising your spell level in a certain Lore above 7 have any effect? I would say no since you get all the spells at this level 7 but you can study it from the shoppe to get higher levels...

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #13
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The manual does not say which classes can wield which weapons.

I believe that since both the warriors guild, the thieves guild, and the Bushi Dojo all offer training in bow skill to any member regardless of role, all roles available for membership in these guilds can wield a bow. That leaves only the role of warlock outside that category. So my guess is that only a warlock is not eligible for wielding a bow. Others may prove me incorrect on that one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes, so far as we know raising one's skills in a certain magic school above 7 yields absolutely nothing.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:21 PM   #14
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks mate, I appreciate it! I hope I can ever return all you people's kindness!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #15
WillowIX
Apophis

There are som restrictions when it comes to weapons. Bsftcs gave you the one you need to worry about. Otherwise it is as follows:

Rogues/Bards: Light weapons only
Wizards/Warlocks: Staffs and daggers only.
Priests: Blunt weapons only.

According to the manual that is.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:37 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You've got the answer there, Norin. Warlocks, and perhaps monks (although I'm not completely sure, and 800 miles from my PC).

BTW, there should be a copy of the manual on your CD. It was included with the game, IIRC. SO you may not be as stuck as you think you are [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #17
So So
Zhentarim Guard

I just wanted to answer the question about getting spell levels higher than 7...If you are in a class that can learn a certain spell then you can learn all spells when at level 7...The only bonus of getting it beyond 7 is that you can learn spells in other classes..For example with a level 14 in Sun magic you could learn all the Sun spells in a Ranger class. Hope that answers that question...
Old 11-19-2003, 06:11 AM   #18
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Norin,

Just thought I'd pip in quickly with an updated answer to the question of what a Rogue Stone's properties are, having scratched my chin about it myself. As I was randomly leafing through the readme file that gets installed to your harddrive when you install the game, I come accross this:

What are the properties of the Rogue Stone?

The Rogue Stone will give your character a +4 in his/her parry ability

Not much to write home about really compared to the other treasures that one can find, but at least the mystery would appear to be solved.
But yeah, I haven't actually checked the character sheet to confirm it...but anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For me, its back to preparing for Colliseum and the hunt for the tablets!

Noble Regards,
Cerebrodragon
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:28 AM   #19
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

CerebroDragon, it turns out your right! I checked my abbilities sheet and I did indeed get a +4 to the parry abbility! Upon learning of this ancient secret I immediatly sold that heap of junk...
Old 11-30-2003, 06:30 AM   #20
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It just keeps on going!

The problem at the moment is : I cant enter Collasium! First I found the room with a hole in the ceiling which lead to nowhere so I went back up and downahain. I then found the entrance located nearby the chests and entered it. After flipping the switch I moved on trought the hallway to come to a small wooden plank which I was assumed was the door. But whatever was tried unto failed, and I keep hearing the sound like something (someone?) is stuck in a doorway... IS the door being jammed or something or is there yet another entrance?

Thanks.