Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 10:02 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Is it just me or do you ( all the other people out there ) also think that the robes in the game are some what restricted in amount.
I mean the only descent robe is the robe of Vecna...does ToB include some better ones or what?
Old 10-10-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I agree with you - I don't know about TOB yet.
In SOA you can get the 'Archmagi' robes which are fairly good.
But nothing like the range of robes available in IWD.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-10-2001, 10:46 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

yeah...I hear you...but try to compare that to the robe of Vecna...stats are pretty tuff compared to the archmagi robes...
It´ll be fun to se arobe of the warriormage...some obscene AC...but with som kind of negative stat to the mage skills...like minus 1st spells or increase of spellcasting time
Old 10-10-2001, 10:56 AM   #4
Tuor
Elminster

Improved alacrity+ robe of vecna+ decent sorceror=utter carnage.

I killed (count em) 14 creatures in less than a round with my sorceror (21st level I think), time stop followed by improved alacrity then about 15-20 spells straight away it was utter carnage.

The flame arrows were being cast as soon as I pressed the button to cast em, and three of the monsters in question had high magic resistance, no problem lower resistancex4 then finger of death.

Robe of vecna is totally overpowered but I love it.

------------------
TUOR, Excrutiatingly Jolly Aerie executioner of the HADB and all round not so nice guy.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
Debaser

Considering mages are my favorite d&d class, i definitely agree there should have been more a choice in terms of the robes available.
then again, many of the robes in classic d&d would be somewhat difficult to implement in the game...for example, something like the robe of eyes.
it just seems to me like there's not a very wide spectrum of kinds of robes...you have either your standard fledling mage robes (traveler's robe, adventurer's robe, resistance robes), or the robes that are more suited for higher level mages....(basically, the archmagi robes and the robe of vecna.) a wider range or robes would be extremely cool, basically because you could go back and play and re-play different kinds of mages and not need to follow the same ascension in the robe heirarchy, if you will, for every single mage you play.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
Haladar
Dungeon Master

Where is the robe of vecna. ive heard it reffered to many times now but i have not seen it. I probably am not looking hard enough or something.

-------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of The Holy Temple of Aerie
Old 10-10-2001, 01:55 PM   #7
Mel
The Magister

I think I once heard a rumour that Irenicus had it. Not sure though. Could be wrong. Damn brain
Old 10-10-2001, 03:04 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

SPOILER...
The robe of Vecna is one of many items sold by the bonusmerchant Deidre in the Adventurers Mart.
SPARHAWK
Old 10-10-2001, 03:39 PM   #9
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

"But nothing like the range of robes available in IWD."

-----

Hmm, considering the common roots of IWD and BG2, is it possible to move items from one game to another? I haven`t really looked closer at the editing possibilities yet, but maybe someone has tried this already?
Old 10-10-2001, 04:27 PM   #10
WhirlingDervish
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
If you did not buy the special edition of BG2, you need to download and install files into your BG2 overide folder for Deidre to appear inside adventurer's mart and offer to sell you the robe and some other goodies...

They can be downloaded from Balderdash...

[This message has been edited by WhirlingDervish (edited 10-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WhirlingDervish (edited 10-10-2001).]