Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 05:48 AM   #21
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
My titties hurt and I look like I have ringworm...

I went paintballing last Saturday, and geeze, am I bruised. Who'da thunk my skin could be so multicoloured?
Hehe, I was planning on going last weekend, its just difficult to find a good group of people to go with, and actually find a decent place to do it in

Did you have yours indoors or outdoors?
[/QUOTE]Mine was outdoors... Up north, lots and lots of land/bush areas. Was great
Unfortunately, as Ivellis pointed out, bloody expensive though. At least spent $130 on the day.. (the bastards must make at LEAST a 300% profit on paintballs ) Although looking at it in a different light, thats just a regular night out at Stonewall, really.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
My husband keeps saying he'd like to go paintballing so I'm curious how the whole thing works? I'd let him go with buddies, I'm not interested in being black and blue, thanks!
Well basically you show up on the day and get suited up in army camo overalls, get given a gun and off you go playing "scenarios". Usually you go in a group... and often your group will get halved and joined up with another so you have the opportunity to shoot the hell out of your mates hah. It can actually get scary... well, not scary per-say, but it gives you a very vague idea of what a real life warground would be like. And THAT is scary. It's frightening to think how easy it is to get shot, how little you can do to stop it, and makes you respect those who DO fight for your country just that little bit more.

Oh - and if your hubby DOES end up going, make sure he buys/takes a doodle cup. His buddies may or may not make fun of him, but trust me, when you've seen the size of the bruises you can get and think about how they would feel on your TESTICLE, it's no longer a laughing matter. LOL.
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Evening, all! Cloudy, sorry to hear about your cat. I hope that the time is good, and that when the time comes, it's painless.

I've been out of contact the last several days. I'm in Germany for another 12 hours or so, heading back to the states. I've had little to no internet access until now... coupled with no cell phone access, I've been going through withdrawals!
Welcome back, then, Bungleau! I hope the trip was productive for you, or at least a lot of fun!

Thanks, we're doing what we can for the poor thing, although he still gets up and checks you out when you come in the room and does other catly sort of things so we're not giving up completely yet. [img]smile.gif[/img] He belonged to an elderly friend who rented half her house to myself and my best friend (who shares our house). We inherited him when his owner (who found him as a stray in her yard) died about 10 yrs ago. It's the end of an era, so to speak, so is sad for the usual reasons and has the added poignancy of saying goodbye to our friend in a way, all over again.

HI DrowArchmage! Hehe.. I hear you on the weather changes. It's like that up in the Northeast as well! Although you folks get some pretty wild extremes and way more precipitation than I'd like! PS: I like your sig. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
Lol I take it you are using some good ole yoomaaah here? My bruises ARE clearing up, but they are still disgusting colours. I swear, my wife DOESN'T beat me! (At least that's what he tells me I'm supposed to say).

You should tell your boss that HE needs a one month, and then as a result you won't need to go to work either. Of course, I have no idea what you do for a livin', just trying to help [/QB]
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Yup, just having a bit o'fun with you.. Hope the bruises are healing, though!

Boss just decided she'd let us have the week after Christmas off and close the office, so I guess I'll take that and be happy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Paintballing sounds rough, but fun I guess... not sure I'd like being shot at, though! That, and I doubt my knees could handle trenches, waterfilled or not! (Ivellis, that sounds like way more fun than I'd like...I'm only 4'11 and that water'd be up to my neck, I bet! LOL )

I'll definitely let the hubby do that one with the guys and I'll go shopping with their wives/gf's! [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

[ 12-07-2005, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Johnny, send spekulaas! mmmmm!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #24
Melcheor
Manshoon

We have the most amazing paintball place in some woodland about half an hours drive south of me. It has a mock up of omaha beach as one of its scenarios. Fun, if slightly politically incorrect. Painful if your one of the allies too...

Cloudy, 4'11" would be one hell of an advantage. 6'1" is a definite disadvantage, trust me, I have the bruises...

[ 12-07-2005, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Melcheor ]
Melcheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Paintball is great fun Nothing like shooting at your stepfather and stepuncles whilst laying in a pile of dirt on the ground, hoping no one sees you...and then there's suddenly a big splatter of pink on your facemask, and you know you need to yell that you're dead, because they'll keep shooting 'til you do.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Heheh...it just so happens i bought a box of speculaas earlier ths week, you like it that much then ? To me it's just another cookie.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Melcheor, 4'11 might be good for HIDING I suppose but I think I'll still pass on the being shot at part! If they ever stick cameras in the field and make a nice cozy viewing room for spectators, I'll be there! [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img] hehe..hubby is 6'3 so he'll be a big ol' target, no?!

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Heheh...it just so happens i bought a box of speculaas earlier ths week, you like it that much then ? To me it's just another cookie. [/QUOTE]LOVE the stuff! Great spice combinations and yum yum YUMMY with tea! *drools in the general direction of Holland and johnny's place*
Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #28
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

I nearly broke my nose playing rugby today. Needless to say, blood was involved.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #29
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hey Cloudy... the trip was good, and it's good to be back. Stopped for a big ol' grfeasy burger for lunch... mmmmm [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Johnny, I was there near Dusseldorf for a couple of days at a customer site. Installing an evaluation version of our software that they will hopefully be sending me lots of money for next month

And DrowArchmage, as a Michigan boy, I've got to tell you that the Germans thought I was nuts... who needs a coat when it's in the 40s? (around 4-6, for everyone else in the world). At home, it was snowing, freezing... I'm in Chicago right now for a night (hi, Timber!), and it was a balmy 16 when I got here.... or -9, or thereabouts.

At least I get to go home tomorrow night... busy month this month, with lots of customers trying to spend their budgets. Anything I can do to help, just let me know...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Szass, sounds like you might want to avoid heavy flying objects when you're playing! Hope that nose doesn't hurt too much. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey Bungleau! No greasy burgers here.. we had a pared down version of chicken parmigiana the other night, though. It was pretty good for a 'diet' version.We're expecting some snow too...blech.. Do what you can to keep future snow out that way, would you? I can do without it for a few more weeks. I hate driving in the stuff, but don't mind it on the ground when I'm inside all warm and cozy!