Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2002, 01:36 AM   #71
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
So gods previous attempts failed......Is god imperfect [img]graemlins/question.gif[/img]
I wouldn't say it failed at all Caleb. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-24-2002, 05:00 AM   #72
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

but god would be considered imperfect. didnt god make man in his own vision? he really screwed up then. maybe he should hurry up and wipe out humanity again before we beat him to the chase.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:06 AM   #73
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
but god would be considered imperfect. didnt god make man in his own vision? he really screwed up then. maybe he should hurry up and wipe out humanity again before we beat him to the chase.
Well, are we 100% sure that the Bible speaks of US at all? It might be another place far away in the galaxy that all of that happened and God created the perfect beings in his image, therefore he abandoned us as imperfect creations. We might just have adopted the names in the Bible out of the false belief that we were the ones that were spoken of.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:45 PM   #74
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
His own image yes. A mirror contains an image of you too. Is it three dimensional?

Besides you're ingnoring the beauty of humanity.

What's your game mate? Attempting to catch out the theology with contradictions is futile bro. It's been around too long.

I just wonder why you're attempting this? Either believe it or don't but don't attempt this wierd stuff. You don't understand the theology enough to challenge it from within. All of the so-called "arguments" you've brought up has been based on a misunderstanding of Christian theology, so give it a rest and check out what the theology actually is before you attempt to challenge it. As it is you're challenging nothing.

Old 06-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #75
Orion

I think that pure good or pure evil as people say is impossible, though I perfer to call it positive and negative forces. You can't have one with out the other and I don't believe god created them, but that they we already here because without them reality would crumble upon it's self. So therefore I don't believe angels in the sense that you are speaking of them exist and I don't think that satan as you see him exist or a heaven or hell. I believe that it is all not needed because God is good and evil. I don't believe in the bible but since most of you seem to. You should think about some of the "holy" justice that god is said to have rained down within it, Drowning everything living on the Earth, raining sulfer, supporting war and then ask yourself are these acts of good or evil-positve or negative. If you believe these things were truely done then you should understand. After all what about thou shalt not kill or doesn't that apply to God what kind of force of good sets a holy standard and violates his own. I am not against christianity or any other religion and I believe you have to be christian to be satanist because satan is a creation of christianity. This is not intended to be offensive this is just my opinion.

Old 06-25-2002, 02:48 PM   #76
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

whats my game?
uuummm......
well i ask a valid question and i get metaphors back doesnt sound like im the one playing the game.
you guys state a staement and i try to ask a valid question about it. im either putting words in your mouth or i am trying to overrule what you say. why not give an actual valid response that isnt whimsical, metaphorical or hypothetical.i will give a valid response not bend it around. aight mate.

and one last question to ask. it was said that the bible was writen by a man who tried to interpret what god was saying. he didnt say itoout right but in a sense whispered it. well if man is imperfect why are they following the teachings from another imperfect man? maybe this one imperfect man had a screw loose when writing the bible. or maybe that was his own vision of how life should be. why would the rest of man follow so blindly without knowing the whole truth? you read the bible and you beleive its true based on faith and faith alone.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:50 PM   #77
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I stand by what I said in my last post to you Thief. By attempting to use Theological points christians don't believe, and stretching logical assumptions (so that 1+1 = 11 not 2), you're arguing with yourself.

[ 06-25-2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

Old 06-25-2002, 03:03 PM   #78
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

it was said that the bible was writen by a man who tried to interpret what god was saying. he didnt say itoout right but in a sense whispered it. well if man is imperfect why are they following the teachings from another imperfect man? maybe this one imperfect man had a screw loose when writing the bible. or maybe that was his own vision of how life should be. why would the rest of man follow so blindly without knowing the whole truth? you read the bible and you beleive its true based on faith and faith alone.
Here is the perfect example. No-one has said the bible was written by one man. Futile. To answer you one has to TEACH you.

The bible is a collection of books written by various authors over hundreds and hundreds of years. A library in one tome. It has many authors who in some areas speak about the same events. The gospels are like four journalistic accounts of a 3 year event.

Similarly Samual/Kings covers the same territory as Chronicles. Isaiah for example, takes place during the timeline of Kings, but is from a totally different perspective.

Psalms and Song of Songs is Hebrew poetry and song. Ecclesiastes is a philisophical discourse, Proverbs contains little sayings of wisdom similar to Confucious later proverbs. Some of the later Old Testament books contain prophecies that were fulfilled by Jesus (over 100 in number). The latter new testament contains various letters from one believer to others.

So get your facts straight before you attempt to argue those facts. Otherwise you are debating with yourself, and you don't need to be here to do that.

[ 06-25-2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]