Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-10-2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Benboy
Welcomed New User

My first problem is where I heve to deliver the son of someone of FirKgaar(?)the dragon, I open the door and he keep telling me to search for the key, but the key disapeared after I used it to OPEN HIS DOOR! Is this a bug?

My second problem is to the bridge district, I found out it was the tanner, I told the "cop", he went to see, but I cannot find him anymore! I found a body in a chest, but it says "inspector", and I'm not sure if its him. And where do I go with him?

------------------
May the force be with you
Old 04-10-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Benboy:
My second problem is to the bridge district, I found out it was the tanner, I told the "cop", he went to see, but I cannot find him anymore! I found a body in a chest, but it says "inspector", and I'm not sure if its him. And where do I go with him?
Don't know about your first problem, but if I found the body of an important person I'd go find the authorities and quickly.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 04-10-2001, 01:59 PM   #3
Amber Shadow Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Not much help, but I think you were ment to take the tanner on yourself.
You told the inspector/cop and the tanner killed him and put him in the chest maybe!

------------------
Don't forget to wear a helmet.
Old 04-10-2001, 02:35 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Might contain slight spoilers
'
'
'
'
'
As far as your problem one is concerned, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but I think this is what you need:
The key to the cell of Garren's child is on the body of Firkraags lackey (the wizard). Kill the mage and you will have the right key. The disappeared key that you are referring to must be another one (there are about 30 keys in the game you know)
As for the second problem, no, you are not "meant" to do anything specific in the tanner quest...when the game "means" you to do something, it usually forces you to by leaving no other options open (for instance in the beginning of the game you can only go to the Slums, so that you will meet Gaelan Bayle). In the tanner quest, you have two options: check up on the tanner yourself, or have Aegisfield the inspector do it. If you did the latter, then Father Bronze gave you a good clue as to what to do.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-10-2001, 02:43 PM   #5
Lord Shield

SPOILER
I believe the inspector's body needs to be taken to his superiors. I won't say where unless you're still having trouble

Old 04-10-2001, 11:29 PM   #6
Benboy
Welcomed New User

Thanks, I solved my first problem (tanner).

But for the second, what happened is that I kill the wizard, open the door, but the guy still asking me to find the key?

Anyway he'll die in his cell if he's too stupid to get out.
This is probably a bug.

------------------
May the force be with you
Old 04-10-2001, 11:32 PM   #7
BG2SOA

Benboy,the next time you post a topic with Solutions and stuff like that,put "Spoiler" in the topic please.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-11-2001, 08:26 AM   #8
Lord Shield

Spoiler
I'm confused about the man. I thought it was Firkraag's enemy's DAUGHTER which was in the cell. Are you talking about the bloke behind the Copper Coronet?