Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just a little thing I saw that made me smile. I've seen some of the old Godzilla movies, but wasn't a die-hard fan or anything.

--------------------------------------------------------
Godzilla gets Hollywood Walk of fame star

Associated Press
Last updated: 11:06 a.m., Tuesday, November 30, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- Godzilla received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday, 50 years after he stomped onto movie screens and hours before the premiere of his latest film, "Godzilla: Final Wars."

Producer Shogo Tomiyama appeared at a ceremony outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre, where the 2,271st star is located.

"I'm here representing Godzilla. Unfortunately, he cannot speak English," he said. "We're very excited he is being honored in America."

On screen, the fire-breathing sea creature was spawned by nuclear weapons testing. He made his appearance in Japanese theaters in November 1954 -- while the United States was conducting nuclear tests in the South Pacific.

A version starring Raymond Burr made it to theaters in the United States two years later.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:32 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Whew, go Godzilla!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I new the Americans had something to do with the creation of that monster. Either way nice one godzilla.

I rember as a kid having one of those godzilla monsters. The one that was about a foot tall. And i think the arm would fly out.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
quietman1920

My son is a certified Godzilla-phile. We have almost every action figure made/ for sale for less than $100. Don't ask me what the difference is between 'Ghidra' and 'King Ghidora'. His most recent tragedy was when some Rat out bid him on E*BAY for a 'Mogira' action figure in the last 30 seconds of bidding (I suspect the seller snuck in on a side account as he didn't want to sell it that low, but try explaining that to a crying 7 year-old boy).

PS- Godzilla 2000 on Gamecube ROCKS!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

GODZILLLAAAAAAAAA!

I love watching those Japanese movies, and seeing how bad the dubbing is.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I think it's kinda silly giving a monster character a Star, but whatever. I've probably seen every Godzilla movie made cause I grew up in the sticks with only 4 channels LOL. Those old ones you could always see the zipper on the back of him LOL. My favorite was Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster. I can still hear that horrible music in that one "Japanese disco" "Saaave the woorld... SAVE THE WOOOOORRRLLLDD!" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I nominate Creature of the Black Lagoon next, I mean he only had a couple of movies but still... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 11-30-2004, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-30-2004, 09:22 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Naw... Count Dracula! Or the Blob!
Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

oh yeah, forgot the Blob, gotta give it up for the Blob! Yeeeaah!

ROTFL, Count Dracula... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

EDIT, I'm sorry, I read your reply wrong. For some reason I thought you said Count Chocula (the cereal). [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I need to go now...

[ 11-30-2004, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-30-2004, 11:48 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

You must be tired, LZ. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, I thought of Chocula too!

Well, I'm not sure how deserving of a 'star' a rubber creature is.. but the old Godzilla movies were 'classic' weren't they? I remember the poor people of Tokyo running from his huge clodhopper feet and buildings being crushed.. ahh, the good old monster days!