Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 11:18 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Follow the instructions.
(NO PEEKING AHEAD!)

Free will or synaptic wiring? You be the judge.
Do the following exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow.
There's no trick or surprise.

Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can! Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance until you've done each of them .... really. Now, scroll down (but not too fast, you might miss something).

THINK of a number from 1 to 10

MULTIPLY that number by 9

If the number is a 2-digit number, ADD the digits together

Now SUBTRACT 5

DETERMINE which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended up with (example: 1=a, 2=b, 3=c,etc.)

THINK of a country that starts with that letter

REMEMBER the last letter of the name of that country

THINK of the name of an animal that starts with that letter

REMEMBER the last letter in the name of that animal

THINK of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter

Are you thinking of a Kangaroo in Denmark eating an Orange?

I told you this was FREAKY!! At least for me it was. If not for you, you're among the 2% of the population whose minds are different enough to think of something else. 98% of people will answer with kangaroos in Denmark eating oranges when given this exercise. Freaky, huh? Keep this message going. This one is actually fun sending on to others. Especially if you are among the 2%. Forward it to people you know and see if they can determine if they are "usual" or "unusual".

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 02-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Correct, I had a kangaroo in Denmark eating an orange. Although I wondered whether I should do Deutschland instead, but then decided that I wanted to stick with English...
EERIE!
I'd figured out that everybody has to say a country with a D (because of the multiply-by-nine), but that everybody thinks of Denmark, kangaroos, and oranges [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 11:23 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

LOL! I thought differently though... hehehe so when I saw the last statement, I was kinda disappointed... heehee oh well at least I am in that 2%!
Old 02-03-2002, 11:31 AM   #4
Moni

Am I that normal?!

That was cool!

Old 02-03-2002, 11:34 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

normal when it comes to these kinds of questions but not normal in everything... heehee

hi moni! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 11:43 AM   #6
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I got a Koala in Denmark eating an Apple. So I'm sort of normal I suppose.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Mine was slightly different, probably because I couldn't think of an animal in English beginning with the letter K that fast, so I stuck with konijn instead, which is Dutch for rabbit. So I came up with a rabbit in Denmark eating a nut... It could have easily been a kangaroo though, if I had been a native English-speaker, and than the fruit would probably have been an orange too.

Bahamut, what did you come up with then?
Old 02-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

same as barry's [img]smile.gif[/img]

so i guess we aren't that special eh? heehee

I thought of an animal that starts with K, and I just thought Koala. Kangaroo was not in my mind.. as in nope nada, zilch. then I thought of a fruit, it was an Atis, a fruit here I dunno what it is called there... it ain't an apple... oh so I guess I am still quite different [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #9
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

An elephant eating a turnip in Zimbabwe.

Is a turnip a fruit or tomatao for that matter?
Old 02-03-2002, 12:14 PM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Jeez! That test was FREAKY! 98% it seems.... Damn, I KNEW I shouldn't have chosen 8!