Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-03-2001, 12:16 PM   #91
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyRae: Sorry that whole thing got to you! I know that debates are hard to deal with sometimes. Still I feel it's healthier to have it discussed in civil way than to well up and have someone go ballistic and flamewars break out. Which is exactly what happens on other boards and causes them to fold up or be abandoned. Sigh...still, let us talk of fun and laughter today, hmmm...I too need a change of topic!
Try the coffee...it has a surprise kick to it and I killed the Killer Smiley that took over the machine for a while..Oh and did I mention I come in here on weekends and fix breakfast for people? Not looking for a job, mind you...but well I could do it for charity! Donate the tips to the Ladies Guild?!

Hey, SirT! How about I come over there and help with the re-model? We can take out all your anger at the co-worker/boss and sledgehammer the heck out of that bad plaster! And of course, that kind of work necessitates looooong bubble baths. hehehe

KDog: Oh geez.....baaaaad Doggie! *big giggle*

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 12:18 PM   #92
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Yeah, I allowed myself to get pretty shook up about the whole debate thing... I'm a person who's usually pretty brave about speaking her mind, but I'm also one to just wants people to get along... Debates aren't my cup of tea, they make me feel bad. I must say I'm feeling much better, now that I see you all here... Still, if I'm feeling so bad about it, what about Reeka???

I want you to take my post in that thread as in NO way a comment towards you. I was justing saying that I had gotten some bad feelings as to how the threads were being viewed and I just wanted to express my views on it. This was not an attack on you, and you know I like each and everyone one here. I'm the daytime Bartender, for Pete's Sake. . .

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Dry Humor Deliverance of the Laughing Hyenas
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
3 Man for Life
Official Reader of Reeka's Signature
Official Drooler over Sigs, Pics, and JPEGs, oh my
Old 04-03-2001, 12:21 PM   #93
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
What's that? You've replaced CB with a Fembot?

No . . . there are only two things I fear and one of them is a Posting Cloudbringer that has no reason to leave the PC.

BK

------------------

3 Man for Life
Old 04-03-2001, 12:27 PM   #94
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
No . . . there are only two things I fear and one of them is a Posting Cloudbringer that has no reason to leave the PC.

BK

ROFLMAO!!!!

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 04-03-2001, 12:28 PM   #95
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Yeah, I allowed myself to get pretty shook up about the whole debate thing... I'm a person who's usually pretty brave about speaking her mind, but I'm also one to just wants people to get along... Debates aren't my cup of tea, they make me feel bad. I must say I'm feeling much better, now that I see you all here... Still, if I'm feeling so bad about it, what about Reeka???

Ladyrae if you'll let me express myself without getting cut then please read.

Getting on requires MUTUAL respect and tolerance. It's all very well asking me to tolerate something I don't like without then tolerating my dislike C'mon whack me on the head (takes off Donut's tin hat). I like you and Reeka both (she shouldn't feel battered). I like the playful way you have with words and the way you write. However aside from any 'minors concerns' you have to understand that the innuedo is excluding and alienating to those that aren't into it - hence that's one reason I'm not posting here much. Rather than leave because I was bored or annoyed/concerned with the direction things have gone I thought it better to express my opinion.

Didn't want to make you feel bad mate.

Hi Donut! (ICU)

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:48 PM   #96
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I want you to take my post in that thread as in NO way a comment towards you. I was justing saying that I had gotten some bad feelings as to how the threads were being viewed and I just wanted to express my views on it. This was not an attack on you, and you know I like each and everyone one here. I'm the daytime Bartender, for Pete's Sake. . .

BK

Ah, BK, I know that! It's just knowing that there is bad feeling... Did you notice that two of the people who stated it best (Ramon and Leonis) don't even come to the Inn? Cloudy and Bili, yours too! But she's right, lets talk happy now!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-03-2001, 12:49 PM   #97
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

Ah, BK, I know that! It's just knowing that there is bad feeling... Did you notice that two of the people who stated it best (Ramon and Leonis) don't even come to the Inn? Cloudy and Bili, yours too! But she's right, lets talk happy now!

I completely agree...say, does anyone want an omelet?

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 04-03-2001, 12:53 PM   #98
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

(Ramon and Leonis) don't even come to the Inn?

Leonis does indeed come to the inn, but as he's Australian is on at a different time.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:55 PM   #99
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
I completely agree...say, does anyone want an omelet?

LOL

BK

------------------

3 Man for Life
Old 04-03-2001, 01:10 PM   #100
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

LR- As Yorick just said, some people are not into the type of things that may get said here (innuendo etc) and they just don't come because it's not their cup of tea. I for one, don't check Vikotnik's joke thread out much because a lot of what's there offends and upsets me. It is MY choice to avoid it rather than flame anyone for having a different set of standards than I do. I have done as Yorick just did, and made my simple statements regarding my likes/dislikes and moved on. So far, nobody has been offended by my absence and a few have even warned me when they thought I might not want to read something.

And LadyRae? Please rest assured that Yorick is NOT making any personal attacks here. He has rarely, if ever participated in any 'steamy' threads of mine and when he does, his posts are usually topic changers or specific comments/questions to someone he knows who happens to be in that thread at the time. I don't take offense, because Yorick and I actually have conversed along the way in nice serious (or totally hilarious!) chats which are something I truly cherish.

So in summary, some folks like white bread and others like rye or pumpernickel. To each his own and let us not fret for our friends who don't like bread at all!

So, who wants an omelet? I see a VERY large egg in the Inn ....hehehe

ChefCloud, getting out the whisk and milk

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight