Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2003, 05:06 AM   #1
atruecrow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This may contain minor spoilers

I was thinking of roleplaying a game where I would try to make all decisions how Minsc would make them if he was the child of Bhaal. Who would he take with him as his party? I bet that Minsc would take as many 'good' people as possible, but my game only allows for 4 NPC's(PC, Minsc, +4 others for a total of 6 in the party). Here is what I was thinking:

Imoen - for obvious reasons
Aerie - damsel in distress, and Minsc takes a fondness for her
Mazzy - a warrior that Minsc rescues
Jaheira - They've been together for a long time & she lost her husband

Other possibilities:
Viconia - As a ranger, Minsc feels he must protect her
Anomen - To help him become a knight as a force of rightousness (sp?), and can turn undead, and vampires are minsc's racial enemy
Keldorn - a paladin who hates evil
nalia - I figured he'd keep her until after they completed her quest
Valygar - a fellow ranger, who is in need as well
Cernd - I'm not sure, however Cernd does want to protect nature

Not possibilities:
Yoshimo - he scares Boo
Korgan - he's mean
Jan - he sells illegal stuff & turnips
Haer'Dalis - his elegant speaking would probably scare Minsc off
Edwin - Minsc would probably kill him on sight

What do you think? I have not played most mods, so I am not including any of the modded characters, but feel free to add them if you like.

-JJ
Old 05-04-2003, 05:54 AM   #2
Jatelka
Dungeon Master

Welcome To IW atruecrow!!!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Just wanted to be the first one to tell you!

I'm a little incapable of giving any kind of useful observations right now!
Jatelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

[QUOTE]Originally posted by atruecrow:
I was thinking of roleplaying a game where I would try to make all decisions how Minsc would make them if he was the child of Bhaal. Who would he take with him as his party? I bet that Minsc would take as many 'good' people as possible, but my game only allows for 4 NPC's(PC, Minsc, +4 others for a total of 6 in the party).

Have you thought about making Minsc your PC? If you roll up a character, you could open it in Shadowkeeper and edit to be exactly like Minsc, even down to Boo in the first quickslot. No spontaneous dialogues or party interactions, but it's a thought.

If you do decide to make a PC and have Minsc as an NPC, it's up to you to make the important decisions with Minsc as your trusted counsel.

My suggestion on possible party makeup:

PC (swashbuckler/fighter? or maybe just plain swashbuckler)
Minsc/Valygar (depending on whether or not Minsc is a PC or NPC; Valygar because he's an honorable ranger)
Imoen
Aerie/Nalia (he'll claim either as his witch)
Cernd (he likes Boo)
Anomen/Keldorn (leaning more toward Anomen on this one, as Keldorn expresses sympathy for Minsc's mental injuries)
Old 05-05-2003, 07:22 AM   #4
Cannibal Monkey
The Magister

I reckon (aside from PC and Minsc himself)

Aerie - she's his new witch
Mazzy - when she dies he goes mad just like with Aerie
Valygar - Minsc attacks you if you try to turn him over to the cowlies
Imoen - obviousness
Until Imoen is rescued - Nalia - Minsc says how much he likes Nalia when you first meet her
Old 05-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I think the reason Minsc wouldn't take Jan is apparent if you have the two of them in the same party *snicker*
Old 05-05-2003, 08:40 AM   #6
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

I think that Keldorn and Minsc make a great pair! Whenever Minsc comes down from a berserk Keldorn's always there talking to him, and they have a lot of dialogue.
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:13 PM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
I think that Keldorn and Minsc make a great pair! Whenever Minsc comes down from a berserk Keldorn's always there talking to him, and they have a lot of dialogue.
Oops! You're right--reverse the two on that. It's Anomen who gets sympathetic (and a touch demeaning) towards Minsc.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:27 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

Well, with 'butt-kicking for goodness' and 'we are all heroes' in mind, any partymembers would have to be either
1) very enthusiastic about smiting evil (just like Minsc himself)
2) fond of rodents... but not too fond! (Boo is not for sale. Although perhaps he could get you an ice weasel...)
3) A good, kind, but mostly vulnerable person always in need of protecting from different evils. (Like a magnet for evil; you can be a force of goodness all day every day if you get have one)

Also, Minsc is fiercely loyal (4), so any friends from BG1 he's likely to accept back into his party without second thought.

That would mean that, from likely to unlikely, it would be something like this:

Imoen - For reasons 2 and 4
Jaheira - For reason 4
Mazzy - For reason 1
Aerie - For reason 3, and the turning helps too
Anomen - For reason 1, to an extent, and the turning helps too

Valygar - He'll help out, and perhaps they'll become friends and reason 4 comes into account.
Nalia - He'll gladly help her out, but probably without taking her into the party.
Cernd - Minsc doesn't like killing animals and Cernd's course seems right. But he's more likely to help Cernd without taking him into his party.

Jan - He's too eager to get Boo
Keldorn - He's not too enthusiastic, so probably not
Haer'Dalis - Although he is in need and his employer is a friend to Aerie's uncle, he's just too confusing when he talks.
Viconia - Not likely, good people come after her but he needs to protect the lady and... it's just too confusing... although Boo may have the answer.
Yoshimo - Not righteous enough

Korgan - He reeks, and not just of evil.
Edwin - This man wanted to kill his dead witch! Evil!

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #9
atruecrow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks alot! I'm going to try this when I get time, but my senior design project is demanding & time intensive, and I want to graduate, so Minsc will have to be put on hold for a short while.

Take care,

~jj