Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-16-2000, 04:19 PM   #1
LadyBlade

ok in the manual it talks about the various action buttons and what they are used for, now in the manual it says you are supposed to have a fight, magic, steal, talk, use/give, carry, SPECIAL ability , and map.
the special ability button is suposed to be between carry and map, BUT I have a button that says Dragon Fire. It does nothing when I click on it.
How am I supposed to use my chars special abilities? and does anyone else have a dragon fire instead of special ability button?

I looked at my box to see if perhaps I have a different version but it doesn't mention what version it is, I'm in the usa so its not some wierd foriegn version...

Old 10-16-2000, 04:59 PM   #2
alzagor

It's an odd thing. That button is only active if you *have* a special ability. I don't know why the Dragon Fire is there as a default button.

Originally, when you could split your party and have a 3rd person camera that button was a group toggle of sorts. (check out the older screenshots like http://darkslayers.com/deep6/shots/rpg08.html Trivia: notice the map key toggle was originally the 1st / 3rd person camera toggle)

The special ability button was a pop-up that looked something like the spell wheel (if I recall right).

When Activision didn't want to test the multiplayer and whatnot, that original button was removed and something had to fill the space, so I suppose the Dragon Fire was thrown in there.

Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong -- your character(s) just doesn't have the ability(s) right now to use that feature. (like fly or vampire bite)

btw, sign the petition, if you haven't!
http://darkslayers.com/deep6

Old 10-16-2000, 05:19 PM   #3
LadyBlade

ok, but what about like warcry, fury or night vision, my chars have those, how do I use them?
oh I signed your petition
and thx for your help

Old 10-16-2000, 05:26 PM   #4
alzagor

Some things like Nightvision are "always on". Other things require activation. I don't have War Cry, so I don't know what's required

I haven't had a heap of time to peel apart the various layers of the final release. Been busy working on another game, but I do want to see how the levels finally turned out!