Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 03:38 PM   #1
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This may seem like a stupid question - but how the heck do you drink a potion? There's nothing in the game manual that I can see on how to do this. If you click on a potion in inventory, it allows you to Group or Divide potions - or drop the potion, but nothing to allow you to actually use it....

Also, every good RPG I ever played allowed you to rest/camp/sleep to regain mana & hit points (in fact, I've never played one that didn't) but this game doesn't seem to allow that. Not very realistic.

During a battle, I find sometimes Heal spells won't work. If I choose a character that has the Heal spell, and press CTRL and click on the character, it will work for the first 2 or 3 times and then won't work at all. And the character has full mana.

I'm sure I will have more questions later...

Hawkwind

[This message has been edited by Hawkwind (edited 03-18-2001).]
Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 03:59 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

To use a potion you have to bring up the "use/give" button and then Cntrl Click the desired target. This annoys me so I generally don't use potions or scrolls. Incidentally you can't use a potion on yourself !

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 02:09 AM   #3
Max
Dungeon Master

Just to add you CAN use these potions on yourself:-

Heal
Great heal
Cure posion
Bloodlust
Heroic might
Toughen

You can NOT use Mana, Mana More or Mana max on yourself though.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:36 PM   #4
Throg
Dungeon Master

Hawkwind notes:
Quote:
During a battle, I find sometimes Heal spells won't work. If I choose a character that has the Heal spell, and press CTRL and click on the character, it will work for the first 2 or 3 times and then won't work at all. And the character has full mana.
Your healing character (priest, no?) may have other spell books, such as Vine. You may be out of Spirit Mana, but the blue Mana bar could be showing you still have full Vine Mana. To check if this is the case, look at the number below the healing spell when it's displayed on your Parchment Scroll. If this shows zero, then that's your problem.

[This message has been edited by Throg (edited 03-19-2001).]
Throg is offline   Reply With Quote