Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Havock
Dungeon Master

Default System freezes after installing MotB

I just installed Mask of the betrayer and then ran the updater to patch the game up to current. Now I get about 5 mins of play time and my system locks up.

At first I thought it was a heat problem but everything is frosty in the case. On my sys info screen it says that the game is using 100% CPU capacity. I am running an intel 2.6 gig chip and an Nvidia 8800 video card. I tried updating the drivers for that as well. Everything worked fine up untill I added the expansion pack.

Any help at all would be appreciated

http://www.myspace.com/measuredingrey
Havock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: System freezes after installing MotB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havock View Post
I just installed Mask of the betrayer and then ran the updater to patch the game up to current. Now I get about 5 mins of play time and my system locks up.

At first I thought it was a heat problem but everything is frosty in the case. On my sys info screen it says that the game is using 100% CPU capacity. I am running an intel 2.6 gig chip and an Nvidia 8800 video card. I tried updating the drivers for that as well. Everything worked fine up untill I added the expansion pack.

Any help at all would be appreciated
If you're running in SLI mode, check this out:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...4077&forum=116

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote