Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

...because someone at my new work has it too and I've decided to give it a go. I'm enjoying it so far - it runs way better on my laptop than Guild Wars (which I got a trial of).

I'm sure I'll have heaps of questions, but for now I'll see how I go.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Nice one. It isn't very taxing on the sys. requirements at all which is great. I always say it is a triumph of art over technology in itself because it looks better than some games that heap the requirements on, mainly because the artists did everything right IMO.

My advice, just enjoy the world that is warcraft, because it is HUGE and you will be amazed at the many levels within the game. There's tons of stuff to do, and tons of people to accompany you if you like. I almost already know you'll love it.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:46 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK, some questions (these are probably in the threads here, but I'll ask anyway):

1. in the sticky above there's all this info about professions and skills - I have just gotten to Level 6 and I haven't been asked about professions and skills. I am an Undead Warlock - do I get to choose?

2. am I limited to cloth armor or can I take a skill that will allow me to use mail or leather? Will it affect my spellcasting?

3. some idiot challenged me to a duel when I was level 1 (he was level 15 or something) and I died. How can I challenge other people?

4. is there a list of people currently playing in the realm a la NWN? I want to see if my mate is there.

5. what is a raid and how do I join one?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
OK, some questions (these are probably in the threads here, but I'll ask anyway):

1. in the sticky above there's all this info about professions and skills - I have just gotten to Level 6 and I haven't been asked about professions and skills. I am an Undead Warlock - do I get to choose?

2. am I limited to cloth armor or can I take a skill that will allow me to use mail or leather? Will it affect my spellcasting?

3. some idiot challenged me to a duel when I was level 1 (he was level 15 or something) and I died. How can I challenge other people?

4. is there a list of people currently playing in the realm a la NWN? I want to see if my mate is there.

5. what is a raid and how do I join one?
1. Yeah, you can take any profession you want, but are limited to 2 main professions. So you can get first aid, cooking etc. atop your main 2. You con't *have* to take any, but I would at least recommend first aid for all characters, simply because it is healing, and also counts as something to do with your cloth. That sticky post outlines them pretty well, and you will find tons of newcomers info. on the main site which is actually a wealth of knowledge so do have a browse at it here. It's very easy to find anything you need. www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/#gettingstarted

2. Unlike D&D you cannot suddenly don mail or plate as a warlock. You will always be cloth.

3. Right click the players portrait and select "duel" from the menu. Or just type /duel and hit enter. Get used to slash commands, there are tons and tons of them in WoW for quick usage.

4. Do a /who and hit enter. That lists all the players in your area that are around your level. Or if he was a warlock for example and you knew he was something like level 7, you can type /who warlock 6-8 and it will specifically bring up all the warlocks online currently that are between levels 6 and 8. There's a whole system of slash commands in WoW that allow you to do alot of things. Here's a basic list of commands http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...hcommands.html

5. Raid groups are explained here http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/raidgroups.html. You don't really have to worry about them so low, they come later really or in PvP. Parties are your thing for the moment.

[ 07-14-2007, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 07-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
1. Yeah, you can take any profession you want, but are limited to 2 main professions. So you can get first aid, cooking etc. atop your main 2. You con't *have* to take any, but I would at least recommend first aid for all characters, simply because it is healing, and also counts as something to do with your cloth. That sticky post outlines them pretty well, and you will find tons of newcomers info. on the main site which is actually a wealth of knowledge so do have a browse at it here. It's very easy to find anything you need. www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/#gettingstarted
I've been reading up on that stuff and that's where I saw the bit about the professions. When do you get to choose though? I'm still at Undercity and haven't found any trainers other than class ones (e.g. warlock, rogue, etc).

Old 07-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ask a guard mem , they will direct you. What server are you on?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:

I've been reading up on that stuff and that's where I saw the bit about the professions. When do you get to choose though? I'm still at Undercity and haven't found any trainers other than class ones (e.g. warlock, rogue, etc). [/QUOTE]You can choose any two main professions. See here for descriptions http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/professions/

Usually the trainers are in a logical area within a capital city, such as the enchanting training being in the magic quarter. Asking a guard will always point you in the right direction on your minimap. so yeah, use them guards.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm on the Sen Jin server, LoA. My name is Uenissoh. What server are you guys on?

Well, I'm still in my starting area so I guess I'm not in a capital city yet?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

UC is a capital city. If you're in Tirisfal you can get there at any level, just follow the signs and stay on the roads.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

say good bye to social life.. cya mario

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote