Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-10-2002, 02:30 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

For all Tips and Stragedies regarding of TOB, please post under here for conveniences.

Have you always wanted a high-level dual-classes character, but hated having to work your way back from level 1? Just follow this recipe:

1. Create a new game, with a new (human) character. Make sure you roll 18 for the prime attributes for both of the classes you want to combine, just for the extra godliness.

2. Once the game has started, immediately dual-class the character.

3. Save your game and export the character file. Quit the game, and go back to the menu. Start a new game with the imported character file.

4. Say abracadabra, and you have an ultra-high-level dual-classed character! One exception: the amount of experience you gain at the beginning of the game won't always immediately unlock the inactive class, because of the way some classes require more experience to gain levels than other classes.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 02:36 PM   #2
theholyavenger
Manshoon

If anyone know the answers to these following questions, please reply:

1.Is there a way that i could start a new character in TOB, but with the same items from the old character generated in SOA.

2.Can someone tell me some of the most favourite and essential spells got mages/clerics, please state explanations.

3.Exactly how many enemies are with Jamis Torbelthen in the big fight in The Oasis?
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
Old 04-10-2002, 05:08 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:
If anyone know the answers to these following questions, please reply:

2.Can someone tell me some of the most favourite and essential spells got mages/clerics, please state explanations.
Minor Spell Sequencer: two Heal Light Wounds == quick, un-interruptable combat healing. Alternately, Chant + Magic Missile: wound an enemy, your tank near the enemy get a free benefit.

Contingency: Eventually you can do things like "HP = 10%, cast HEAL on Self". That's sweet.

Spell Sequencer: Doom + Chant + Greater Malison == -7 Save for enemies. Alternately, three large Cure spells.

Spell Trigger: Greater Malison + Shadow Door + Blade Barrier == little foe-shaped chunky bits. Alternately, three Mass Heals.

Chain Contingency: Be creative and have a party, man.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:14 PM   #4
Aramil Galanodel
Dungeon Master

for clerics and mages, animate dead

once your high enough to get skeleton warriors its the best summon in the game except for for the HLA summons (ie elemental price/deva/planetar)

95% magic resistant, immune to non magical weapons, they wield +1 2-handed swords so they can hit most creatures, a decent thac0, an average damage per round of about 15-20, and a duration of 8 hours

very nice =)
Aramil Galanodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:21 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I've always liked the combo of Greater Malison--Doom--Spook. It's funny to see a dragon running away from Gnome.

I never was able to set the Condition for my Contingencies, it was just there to be accessed in my Special Abilities. And yes, I mean Contingency, not Sequencer. Odd.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:23 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by theholyavenger:

Time Stop + Harm + (optional) Spell Trigger filled with 3 Lower Resistances = Yaga-Shura is a piece of cake.

Project Image, you already have twice the firepower, now let's make it quadruple.

Plus what the others have said before me.

3.Exactly how many enemies are with Jamis Torbelthen in the big fight in The Oasis?

Not enough!

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 12:22 PM   #7
theholyavenger
Manshoon

I'm sorry for some misunderstanding, but what i meant is spells that are really useful for mages AND clerics (solo, not dual-classed).
Old 04-11-2002, 10:07 PM   #8
Encard
Quintesson

Spells...
Mage
Magic Missile
Yes, it's level one. And the damage is low. Doesn't matter. With RoV, it's pretty much instant cast, and it's great againt low hp, weak enemies or for interrupting other mages' spells, or, for that matter, just for doing damage (sure, not too high, but it's pretty close to instant cast, after all, and it's fast. *shrug* 5 missiles mean pretty much definite interrupt.

Fireball
Area ffect, good damage. Not much else...

Horrid Wilting
Insanely massive damage... this is pretty much the best spell for pure damage in SoA/ToB, I think, in general. It doesn't hurt your party, it's area affect, it's not elemental (meaning harder to resist), it does great damage, and it's not lvl 9 (like Dragon's Breath is).

Time Stop/Improved Alacrity
MUCH better used together than alone... I've been able to cast every single spell I had memorized during one time stop this way. Every single one, and I'd just rested. Nice? Not much will survive...

Skull Trap
Think of it as non-fire fireball... same damage, but not fire, so can be used vs. fire resistant/immune stuff.

Dragon's Breath
Great damage, knockback, pretty much instant cast (although a small effect delay)... great damage spell, although the fact that it's lvl 9 is a bit annoying.

Stoneskin
Have this on at all times, if possible... mage hp is low, so being protected from a lot of damage is quite nice.

Scorcher/Acid Arrow
Gets rid of trolls... damage isn't too great, but low level, so good troll finishers.

Greater Malaison
Great for when you plan on casting something with an all or nothing type affect, like finger of death, or just want more chance of maximizing damage.

Summon Fire Elemntal
Or is it conjure, not summon? Oh, well. Great summon... high hp, decent damage, elemntal damage means it goes through at least some mage protects... quite nice.

Breach
You need to get rid of mage protects on your enemies, after all, and it's only lvl 5...

Cone of Cold
A non-fire damage spell... the damage is good, and I've had better luck with this than with skull trap, personally... *shrug* Useful spell, even against non-fire-resists.

Ruby Ray of Reversal/Khelben's Warding Whip
More things to gets rid of enemy protects...

Delayed Blast Fireball
Good damage spell...

The trigger/contingency spells
Well... just as an example, Spell Trigger: Lower Resist x3 and Chain Contingency: Horrid Wilting x3 will either kill a dragon or get it to low enough hp to kill in one hit. Nice?

Summon Planetar
An AWESOME summon. It can fight and has 3 of a huge portion of the good spells in the game. Very nice summon.

Cleric
Heals
[img]smile.gif[/img]

[I}Flamestrike[/I]
A great clerical damage spell, maybe the overall best, considering how many you can cast.

Summon Aerial Servant
A great summon... it does good damage and has good hp.

The restorations
You'll need them after vamp/mindflayer fights at times, and some others. Most definitely.

Sunray
Alright... in one fight against a LOT of vamps (I believe it was something like (at least) 6ish vamps, at least as many grim warders, and the cheerful boss vamp (you know who it is)), I sent in an elemental to distract them, then, when they were all attacking it went in with Viconia and cast sunray. All that was left was one grim warder and the boss vamp, because of magic resistance. VERY nice.

Summon Deva
Almost as good as the Planetar, but less spells.

Hmm... there are others, of course, but I can't remember them right now... I'll post them when I think of them.
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 06:08 AM   #9
Daniel_M
Elminster

ToB Strategy

No.1 HACK, SLASH, HACK, SLASH
No.2 TIME STOP, SHAPESHIFT MIND FLAYER, GWW = "Foe shape chunkey bits..."

GAME COMPLETE [img]tongue.gif[/img]