Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-20-2002, 07:10 PM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

worst: my character had a stoneskin contingency for when his hp drops below 50%. while fighting demogorgon this kicked in but the wild surge turned me to stone

best: fighting gromnir with the improved patch, with every buff and protection on i can muster with my level 17-21 party and expecting a tough fight, my wild mage casts time stop and the wild surge is area effect, which lets each of my characters get their own personal time stop in succession. every enemy was killed before imoen, the last to go, did anything. i reloaded because it was too easy and boring [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2002, 07:16 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

IN one of the WK Wild Magic Zones, my Suddenly Female Monk was facing off against 20 hic-cupping squirels, a pair of hasted giants and a dozen insane quasits.

Much fun.

Unfortunatly, the sex change removed all of my monk abilities!

No speed, crap melee, crap ac, I was lucky to make it out of there alive.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:03 AM   #3
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

My best was when I used Nahal's reckless dweomer to cast Nahal's reckless dweomor and it cast in a loop (i assume its a bug) 5 Nahal's reckless dweomer and the end result was a massive 8 x power fireball doing no damage to me. Needless to say sendai was quick to die!!!

My worst was when I cast time stop and instead it made the enemy able to move in timestop and not me. Needless to say the 5 fire giants made short work of me
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)
Lucifer Lord of demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:38 PM   #4
Nifft the Nimble

Wow, Amergin, that's an amazing surge!

My best was also an "area effect" surge, on stoneskin. It was nice to see Yoshimo and Minsc so protected.

Can't think of a worst just now.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 09:05 PM   #5
Deathcow
Elminster

worst: while soloing, i was casting stoneskin, and it wild surged to hold person on me! i stood there with my arms out and watched myself get killed by some fighters

best: i dont really have a best

funniest: fighting gromnir, trying to cast time stop...sex change! lol
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 09:19 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yea, I had that area-effect Timestop once too, against Amelisan no less. Made short work of her.

LOL @ Lucifer. Why in the name of Mystra would you ever want to cast NRD with NRD? Funny though, and good result.
A thing I have found is that I always get a horrible effect when I try to cast (Improved) Chaos Shield with NRD.

Funniest surge I got was probably when it suddenly began to snow in the Oasis.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:23 PM   #7
Aleksanr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BEST: area affect globe of invunrability(errrrrr.... not sure on the spelling.)

WORST: caster also targeted flesh to stone (ohhh that hurt alot right after i killed the elder orb as well.)

Funniest: two sex changes in sucesion.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:25 PM   #8
Aleksanr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BEST: area affect globe of invunrability(errrrrr.... not sure on the spelling.)

WORST: caster also targeted flesh to stone (ohhh that hurt alot right after i killed the elder orb as well.)

Funniest: two sex changes in sucesion.

will not aleksanr
Old 04-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #9
Dez'arath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Only one encountered so far was when my mage changed colour to a glowing gold. Mind you it made him easier to see in the dark. Not quite as bad as being turned to stone...ouch that must have hurt.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:54 PM   #10
Mossy
Dungeon Master

The craziest I had was in one of the WK wild surge rooms when I got hit by a falling cow! I didn't know CowDrop was still in the game.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote