Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2000, 10:35 PM   #11
IceFire

Why couldn't Black Isle knock down the players before the new game starts and then build another fantasy on the Sword Coast. Half the fun is building your character, anyway. So why not start over if you have a favorite character and build him up again while working a new storyline?

Old 11-20-2000, 10:52 PM   #12
Larry

* Maybe your next adventure in BG III will be the "Revenge of Neeber"...where he is tired of being bullied around, and decides to hire some help to eliminate all of his oppressors...
So he bargains with some Red Wizards of Thay to bring you down...Now that would be a very fun game for those who enjoy the magic using aspect of the BG series...

Old 11-21-2000, 01:14 PM   #13
Jerome2k

Lol , i can see it now. massive armies of thay wizards streaming down hillsides, wildlife crushed beneath steel heels and up front the mighty neeber in his dirty tunic saying to one of his right-hand men "wow nice robe, where did you find it?"

seriously though, I think irenicus's plan is more *petty* than evil. also you never did know why he wanted to join the seldarine, originaly i thought it was to rejoin with the Sullendesar gang but his persuit of power was......lacking in evil for a guy with such a good voice.

Saervok was every little as cunning and manipulative as Irenicus! The way he set up the nashkel mines so he would look like a saviour with *his* new iron mines. Then he manged to get rid of you by setting you up for murder! clever if you ask me.......

Old 11-21-2000, 07:45 PM   #14
Armisael

Heheh. You've got to admit that Irenicus came off as being smarter than Sarevok, though. It was that voice that did it. But there are still a lot of unanswered questions... why didn't Irenicus just bribe the Cowled Wizards like everyone else? Then he could have kept working in his little... er... place. Why run around like a blue-assed fly when staying in the same place makes you seem much more calculated?

Old 11-22-2000, 02:39 PM   #15
Jerome2k

Seravok was more cold and calculating than irenicus. Sarevok diddn't care about you as long as you were dead, sacrificing his OWN fosterfather to frame you.

with irenicus the story seemed broken...diddn't get the first bit, "you have much untapped power". Then he goes and nick your soul....i dont get it. I thought he was going to utilize that power for his own means rather than stealing it.

Then the point about being soulless is intresting. isn't a persons soul the reason they exist? i thought your soul was you, all of your qualities abilities and memories manifested. if someone was to be removed from it would they ever be able to *live*?

Old 11-22-2000, 04:08 PM   #16
xcom

First of all Baldur's gate 2 mess with one thing that ur character boast, which is the blood of god. In baldur's gate 1, sarevok ur own brother has a party when u battle with him in the end game. which balance the fight together with ur party. While here ur party battles with Irenicus and hes alone. For god sake is he BHAAL Himself?
Secondly, game starts in rescuing Imoen.well if ur evil char,u dont care about rescuing imoen and u dont bother going after irenicus. u know that he is the one who wants something from you so let him come to you and u will toy with him instead of getting urself take unnecessary risk, right? I don't like Imoen anyway even in baldurs gate 1, she the one of the most worst npc in baldurs one. And rescuing Imoen quest from the very start reflects that the story is not revolving around YOU!!!

Old 11-22-2000, 04:27 PM   #17
xcom

I Also agree that the special ability in this case the slayer transformation should be given early in the game, at least player will have a feeling that his power is at least beyond or better than his party members. just like in planescape torment, well since they almost want to copy the storyline of this game.
Early in this game some players are stronger that you are unless u import ur char from baldur's one.
If one has played baldur's gate one, the biggest dissapointment really is the storyline, so many empty chapters, one can see that after talking to gaelan bayle chapter ends blah blah. chapter closes so early without really feeling sense of accomplishment for urself, u are just manipulated throughtout the game e.g has to work for either shadow thieves or bodhi just to know spellhold, has to work for sameon havarian just to get that extra locations, and worst of all has to work with the elves who in the first place the main reason for ur stupidity of following Irenicus. AAARRRAAAGGGHH but in the end ull realize it doesnt concern u at all -_-

Old 11-23-2000, 11:09 AM   #18
Jerome2k

What the hell was the slayer ability all about? you LOSE your divine soul only to turn into bhaals advatar? sounds fishy to me......

I agree wholeheartedly that imoen is crap, no thieving skills of note and spells can be cast better by Edwin or Jan(who's also a brilliant theif and is hilarious!)
and the whole "second child of bhaal" was way to obvious.......

Old 11-23-2000, 11:22 AM   #19
Armisael

I think the idea was that without your soul, all you had was your instinct, which kept turning you into the Slayer? Without your soul you'd still be a half-god, anyway, just a really messed up one; devoid of emotion or somesuch. (then again, I use male voice #2, so my character always sounds emotionless : P)

Old 11-23-2000, 11:28 AM   #20
Suul-Yinn

Yes I agree with Armisael. It is similar to Angel from the Buffy series. Your soul prevents the nature of your bloodline from controlling you, but once you lose it you turn into the slayer as he becomes an evil vampire.