Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
Kingenigma
The Magister

I made an Elf Berserker...
Lvl 9
str 18/99
Dex 18
Con 17
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 10 (18 w/ring of human influence)

Profeciency:
++ Two handed sword
++ Halberd
+ Long Bow
++ Two handed weapon style
Now has 113 hps.

My party is:
Nalia
Korgan
Yoshimo (Imoen later)
Anomen

What do u guys think of the Elf berserker?
And who would be the best extra helping hand for me (6th Party member)?
And most of all, do u think she has bright or gloomy future?
Old 11-17-2001, 02:31 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

1. Reduce Your charisma to its minimum. U know the effect of the ring of human influence, so high charisma is useless.
Get Edwin- he will help you alot. Also get A druid-Jaheira is better than cernd IMO, maybe dump nalia.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]

Old 11-17-2001, 02:36 AM   #3
Kingenigma
The Magister

Thanks!!! Now I might try Dwarven fighter/thief...juat want to experiment w/different classes and different races...
Old 11-17-2001, 07:11 PM   #4
Kezardin
Elminster

King,

an interesting idea - I think the character has a lot of potential.

As your character seems to be concentrating on two handed weapons, it might be worth considering dropping WIS and CHA by two points each, put 1 point into DEX (to help with your missile weapons) and the other 3 into INT (handy for a frontliner againd mind flayers).

The idea of halberds is good also - there are some nice ones available later in the game. There was a message recently from someone who has Mazzy wield them - the mind boggles....

Good luck

Kez
Old 11-17-2001, 07:30 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

As a beserker, you won't really need wisdom and intelligence. If you're planning on using the ring of human influence, you won't need charisma.
You can keep the wisdom at nine without suffering any negative modifiers except lore penalties, intelligence can go down to three. Charisma can go down to three as well. This leaves you lots of points to spend, so jus max out your other three stats. Then use any leftovers to bring your intelligence up to four, then wisdom up to ten, then intelligence to seven and then to ten. If you've still got points to spend, put them with whatever you like.

I think the character has potential, though elves are not the best of fighters. You trade one hitpoint for a +1 THACO with missile weapons and some resistances for certain magics though, which probably makes the elf more effective than the human.

As for further partymembers, what you have now is (roughly):
2 1/2 fighter, 2/3 mage, 1 1/3 thief and 1/2 cleric
In my opinion, you're a bit low on clergi and magi, so Aerie would probably be a good choice.

And your character has a bright future, she has lots of hitpoints and strenght, and should make a good tank. The rage is an added bonus, which should really annoy Liches.

It's so crazy, it just might work [img]smile.gif[/img]
j/k

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!