Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-11-2001, 05:12 PM   #1
Silk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have already tried 5 times.

I have Myself a fighter, Jaheira, Minsc, Anomen and Korgan. (Yoshimo Dead!)

Us vs the trolls at the bottom of De'Arnise Keep. I have tried loads of stuff but im low on potions and my magics arent that strong.

ANY Help would be appreciated
Old 11-11-2001, 05:18 PM   #2
Debaser

If you're reffering to the fight with Tor-Gal (or whatever his name is), it can be kind of a tough one because he has a sick regeneration rate...what you want to maybe do is slowly inch into the room, not quite revealing Tor-Gal but luring the other two trolls towards you. this way you can finish them off and it will consequently easier to finish of Tor-Gal by himself.
you shouldn't have much trouble smashing him with your fighters, considering your PC, Korgan, and Minsc are all pure class warriors. have anomen cast protective magic (defensive harmony, chant, bless on them) and just let them go apeshit on Tor-Gal. maybe having a mage throw a lower resistance (i don't know if its even completely necessary) and then bombard with acid arrows and what not. the trick is to smash him beyond the threshold of his regeneration....good luck
Old 11-11-2001, 05:48 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

If you want to make it as easy as possible without going back to town to stack up on potions and stuff, your best shot is to separate the three. They are all quite strong, and can do some real damage between the three of them. But if you can take them out one at a time, your chances increase greatly. But don't forget that there's no real time limit to this quest (but Nalia may not like what you are doing [img]smile.gif[/img] ) so you can return to buy potions, rest to regain spells or terrorize another area to get experience. But if I were you, I'd want them taken care of right now too

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-11-2001, 05:56 PM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

I just have some tips about your party. These are all just what I would do

1) Drop Korgan. He's a great a character, but he's evil and won't fit with the rest of the party.
2) If Yoshi's dead and you can resurrect him then pick up Nalia as your thief for now.
3) Consider picking up Mazzy, Keldorn, Valygar or Aerie for a sixth character if you want one. I'd take Aerie because you need a second mage b/c Nalia is not great and she's annoying!
Old 11-11-2001, 06:32 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Nalia not great? try - most powerful good mage in the game. but not great, naturaly.

dont bother rating her as a thief at all - she can only open doors that you _have_ to be able to open. and sure shes annoying. just think of her as a pure mage who can pick locks and hide in shadows (both badly).

i beat torgal with the usual barrage of entangle/web (who else hates the new entangle effect?) followed by fireballs and me an minsc when he finally got out the door.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:49 PM   #6
Evil Dead Raven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think you should go for an all evil party like I do its more fun. But if this is any help get yoshimo reserected if you can and use traps and then lure the trolls into spiky death and if that doesent kill them have a some summoned creatures to help cause damage and create a distracion so your fighters take less damage.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:10 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Here's a helpful hint, cast Slow on the Trolls.
Old 11-12-2001, 03:48 AM   #8
Kezardin
Elminster

Silk,

as Dundee suggests, slow is a great tactic to use... and it just so happens that the flail of ages is available in the keep - when assembled it has a 33% of slowing whatever it hits with *no* save.

It works nicely agains Torgal, greater wolfweres and various other regenerating nasties.....

Kez
Old 11-12-2001, 04:46 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Send in an invisble party memeber to initaite the dialogue. SEND IN ONLY THE INVISIBLE CHARCTER. LEAVE THE REST OF UR PARTY IN THE OTHER ROOM. After the dialogue, Tor'Gal will attack, but the GIant trolls wont. Use the invisible character to lure tor'gal back to your party. Then u can go in and kill the giant trolls- their cowards without their boss!!
Old 11-14-2001, 04:22 PM   #10
Silk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx all i managed it in the end went back to town resurected yoshi and picked up nalia in the place of Him. I used slow and tangle but im left with a problem in my infinite wisdom i decided to assemble the flail once id taken the keep to avoid all of the trolls!! But now all the pieces are gone. I havent tried in the golem room yet because lets face it i aint lettin the iron golem out in me keep!! good idea/ Bad idea? I would REALLY like the flail sept i dont want to cheat wid the watchamecall it gadgimithingy so i was wonderin if i could still do it and whether the goods are still left in the golem room to be worth riskin life and limb for cheers all any advice is much more than welcome!!!!