Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 08:07 PM   #1
bobdole4
Welcomed New User

Possible spoiler. . .
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
I am in the Underdark and Jaheria just died and I can not ressurect her. . .
is this part of a quest or is my game screwy??
Old 10-27-2001, 08:09 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I'd take it ur game is screwy. THat never happened to me, so i guess it could be a bug in the game. Try ressurecting her after the underdark, and see if u have any luck.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-27-2001, 08:32 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Did she have a little red circle on her portrait just before she died? If she did, she was never healed from Baron Ployer's curse, and died from that.

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-27-2001, 09:32 PM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

Did she take enough dammage to be turned into chunky salsa?

If a character takes more than 9 dammage past death they explode, and that removes all chance of ressurection. If this happens, they wont appear in the party as a gray square.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:32 AM   #5
bobdole4
Welcomed New User

she is still grey and in my party and she was allready healed from the curse. . . everytime that I res her she just dies right away. . . you cast the spell she comes to life then dies less than a second later.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:13 AM   #6
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by bobdole4:
she is still grey and in my party and she was allready healed from the curse. . . everytime that I res her she just dies right away. . . you cast the spell she comes to life then dies less than a second later.
That means that she is still under Ployers curse. I know from experience as I had her die halfway through a quest with no way to resurrect her. I suggest you finish what quest you are doing and go after Ployer. Once that is done you will be able to bring her back to life for good.

------------------

Open hells depths........come forth my servants!

[This message has been edited by Bokken (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 10:18 AM   #7
dulouz
Manshoon

Well, there are chances that resurection doesn't work. I'm not sure what the odds are. The manual says "Each time a character is returned to life, he must make a system shock roll based on his current Constitution. If the die roll is successfull, the character is restored to life."

maybe you're just getting really crappy rolls.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:05 AM   #8
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

With System Shock you only get the one roll and if you fail it they can't be resurrected ever. Otherwise the rule would be completely obsolete as you could just keep casting Resurrection over and over, most people have at least a 75% chance of making it so what would be the point? I know because it happened to me in BG1 with Ajantis. Very, very, pissed off...

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast
Old 10-28-2001, 11:15 AM   #9
dulouz
Manshoon

So are you saying that his system shock could have failed the first time, in which case all subsequent trys to resurect the character will automatically fail?
Old 10-28-2001, 11:26 AM   #10
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Now that explains why all my attempts to ever resurrect a character in BG1 went to waste. I thought it must have been a bug in the game or something at the time. Thanks to BG2's ctrl+R cheat though there's no way I'd put up with that again. Sure it might be cheating but there's no way I'd leave a character down if a spell doesn't work a couple of times (even if I am against using cheats).

------------------

Open hells depths........come forth my servants!