Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-24-2001, 08:39 PM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

I hate how I can be browsing the board and come across a post that has all sorts of info that is useful but not what I'm looking for, but then when I do a search for it later, I can't find it.

In other words, I'm trying to find the posts comparing the different thief kit/class combos and can't find anything in the search. I'm trying to model a character after Gren from Iria:Zeiram and am wondering what thief class fits his skills. He was a bounty hunter, but his skills far exceeds that of a bounty hunter.

But for those who aren't familiar with Iria, some questions.

Is losing backstab worth it for a swash? Yeah, I know, depends on your playing style. My playing style is having a character that can be prepared for any situation, that's why I'm picking a thief. And I wouldn't play a blade because I like the traps and Gren is no singing and dancing pansy (), and besides that, he can't cast spells.

I have an elven fighter/thief going in BG1, and while he's doing a decent job, I wonder if his thief skills are going to be all that great when I have more categories to spread them among in BG2.

Anywhos, y'all get the gist of what I'm saying? Any tips?
Old 10-24-2001, 09:17 PM   #2
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The swashbuckler kit gets the most use out of Use Any Item. Backstabbing takes some prep (running away to hide, carrying a ton of invis potions, etc.). There is a dagger in ToB that's perfect for backstabbing though, it's the one that has a chance of making you invis when you hit a creature with it. The dagger is +5 too.

Use Any Item is the best. And like I said, the swashbuckler's kit bonus really helps when wielding Carsomyr or the Axe of the Unyielding. I would trade backstab for that. Normally, thieves are not front line types, but the swashbuckler kit is the exception. You'll have the lowest AC in the party. Also, thieves level fast. Check the xp tables in the manual.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:35 PM   #3
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Theives rule

................oh yeah....um......assassins are good the poison is a gift
Madman