Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-09-2001, 07:38 AM   #11
Legolas the Elven Archer

Back in the BUMP phase again...
Ah well

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 09-09-2001, 01:52 PM   #12
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Ah, this can turn out to something good. But have you decided yet on the
gun-issue?

Does this story mean the Shadow Empire won 6000 years ago and you now help the good empire to take back what is rightfully theirs, or did the good empire win and you now help it to fight back the rising Shadow Empire? Will someone from the original party of archaeologists help the Upholder because of dissappointment at not being the chosen one? Will you always be the One, or is it possible that another Archaeologist is the One and you "only" help him/her defeat the Upholder, which could be just as challenging?
Old 09-09-2001, 03:26 PM   #13
Link
Jack Burton

Legolas is feeling depressed again...
OK. Here are the answers to Haddars questions in correct order:

1) Gun.. not too sure, i could use some advice on this one. Either you put something with a gun in the intro (guns+ghosts won't work..) or you could give a character a gun, and allow you to shoot creatures, but you'll run out of bullets someday, so the gun'll become useless then.
2) The Shadow Empire did not win 6000 years ago. It did win a couple of times, which resolved in the destruction of Atlantis, and the extinction of the dinosaurs.
3) It is the idea to let someone of the three archaeologists walk over to the evil side. That would be awsome. It wouldn't even be clear who it'll be, until the end, when he will fight against, instead of with you.
4) I think you're always the one, yes, but real good ideas could change my mind..

BTW: wouldn't it be cool to create the Dark Avariel. Instead of butterfly wings they'd have bat-like wings. AWSOME!!!!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-09-2001, 07:49 PM   #14
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Can the player walk the Darkside, or will you have to be the good guy?

Link what is Halfworld like anyway, is it a world like baldur's gate, or an image of earth but it has demons and monsters crewling about, or something else? Also you say no guns but how advanced are the people living there?
Old 09-10-2001, 10:09 AM   #15
Legolas the Elven Archer

The advancement? From what I could gather, think Dark Ages with lots of fantasy creatures and ancient relics.
Instead of having a gun, one of the other archologists could have been a bodyguard instead, and if he/she is the one to deflect, you'd have some tough moments. Think something in rambo style here, so with a couple of bullet chains and a hand grenade or two. That way, you never needed to carry a gun, and the other character just uses it until it runs out and grabs one or two of those chopping knifes they use in the jungle. The problem is effectively solved, since the shooting of the gun is left to someone else and is a regular attack (unless you have complete control over everyone in your party that is. Do you?)
About the traitor, it could also be both, or none, depending on your behaviour in the game and a bit of luck.
And about not being the one, maybe the assistance mode could be unlocked after you've beaten the game. Usually, you are the main character because that's whose part is most interesting, and usually most heroic too.

We're getting back on the right track here. Not depressed anymore

------------------

<font size="2">This picture has nothing to do with the other part of my sig. It's just cool</font>

Old 09-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #16
Legolas the Elven Archer

I take it people were simply to preoccupied with the terrorist attacks to respond here (like me) but I feel that depression coming back again...

------------------

Legolas, mourning for the USA

Old 09-12-2001, 12:51 PM   #17
Link
Jack Burton

Sorry Legolas, but the school computers won't run Internet, and at home, well.. my parents won't allowe me to go online, cos they're afraid for a huge bill... I'll post when able to.
In agree with Legolas' post about the Halfworld. It's like the Dark Ages, and thus more or less "behind in civilization" compared to Earth.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-12-2001, 02:52 PM   #18
Legolas the Elven Archer

You know, we could have been go to the same school
The head of the school is so proud of his 'mediatheek', but do you think a single computer works normally? (retorical, answer would be negative)

------------------

Legolas, mourning for the USA

Old 09-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #19
Link
Jack Burton

Suprisingly, they seem to work Ok today.. wonder what happened...

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-13-2001, 03:32 AM   #20
Link
Jack Burton

OK.. So far no new ideas yet. I've been drawing lately, and came to the conclusion that I definitely need to hire a professional.... I do have the idea of a Dark Avariel (which would have batlike wings instead of butterflylike ones). I think this would be awsome!

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst