Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-07-2000, 07:05 AM   #1
Mantis

this question has probably been asked a few times before but i couldn't find anything about it.
well i killed the lich when he was in his first form, but when that damn head appears its bloody impossible! none of my weapons could hit it, and i didn't dare face it in hand to hand combat because fo the imprisonment. whats the protection scroll that stops me being imprisoned and where can i get one?? also are there any other tactics for beating this lich that i should know of?
ta

Old 12-07-2000, 07:19 AM   #2
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

there is only 3 magic protection scroll in the entire game (or so they say) what i did was to use the scroll "protection from undead" (a scroll you can find in any temple" and used it when he started to become the 2nd form (not the first form) "for some reason ... he wont die if you protect all your men from protection from undead when you attack him in his first form. must be a bug".

so when 5 of men was protected from undead and one was heavily protection by magic... we killed the first form... when he started his transformation... i gave protection to my last man... so when he, lich, appeared, he didnt do anything while i whacked him to bits...(oh yeah weapons+4 will work only against him)
Old 12-07-2000, 08:11 AM   #3
bogus

berserked persons are immune to imprisonment, give minsc vorpal or another +4 weapon berserk him and charge (kangaxx will keep trying to futily cast imprisonment on anyone close-combating him).. use ring of the ram in the meantime with another char (this will injure kangaxx aswell) ..

b

Old 12-07-2000, 09:59 AM   #4
Mantis

cool
thanx for the help
i don't think that lich will be making another appearance in my game

Old 12-08-2000, 04:53 AM   #5
bogus

well .. don't I feel like a complete asshole.. Minscs berserk will not make him immune to imprisonment (I just tried ) .. it's not the same as berserker/barbarian rage I've noticed.. so you have to have a char which can do that to use my tactics.. sorry for the inconvinience..

(zoratoraks tactics worked like a charm though.. and I noticed the first form drops like a rock to a few traps and 2 hasted warrior shooting arrow of piercing (you have to trigger him and then run upstairs and wait some for his protection to wear off(twice)))

b

Old 12-08-2000, 07:55 AM   #6
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

here is another tactic thats also fun, i dont know if it will work... when he is in his first form, put a couple of traps before you talk to him, that will go into his second transformation, when he does come out... cast use the scroll of timestop on your mage, once your he is still, attack him with you +4 weapons, if your mage is dualed or you casted a sword that is +4... and before timestop ends, cast timestop again and continue to attack him... GL =)
*ps* i saw my mplayer friends do that and it worked =)
Old 12-08-2000, 08:41 AM   #7
Armisael

I only ever found one time stop scroll.

Old 12-08-2000, 08:46 AM   #8
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

gee... he must have cheated... we were 3 in the grp back then and we had a good GOD (nonlegit character)... i dont wanna brag about him but he is really a strong god... must have given him ard 100 timestop scroll... hehe
(if you really wanna know... he was playing irenicous and had his own killer spells)
*oh yeah sorry for my mistake...* in the last post
Old 12-08-2000, 11:15 PM   #9
Mantis

thanxs for the help ppls. in the end i protected all my dudes from undead (except for jan who i hid in the corner and got him to throw a few spells) and then justb kicked his ass. the only person who could hurt him was keldorn with carsomyr.
I also found only one time stop scroll, but i can't remember where... maybe that rune place.

Old 10-31-2001, 08:08 AM   #10
Skunk
Banned User

SPOILER:
I destroyed the Demi-Lich with 3 rings of the Ram:
1. Pickpocket Tolgerias (Govt. Building) to pick up your first ring
2. Kill Tolgerias in the Planar Sphere to get your second ring.
3. Either buy Vhalior's Helm from Deidre or have a simulcrum spell ready.

4. In the battle, ensure that your warrior who is equipped with Vhalior's helm is wearing one of the Rings of the Ram and then 'Simulcrum' him. (Or give the ring to your mage and let him cast a simulcrum spell).
Now he and his copy both have a ring to hit the Lich with. Add that on to the other one and you have 3 rings. I guarantee that the Demi-Lich will die under the combined weight of all 3 rings every time.

If you think that getting two Rings of the Ram from Tolgerias is exploiting a 'bug' (I personally reason it that he had two and after he 'lost' one he went home and put the other one on), you could still have two rings with the simulcrum method which has 50% chance of killing him outright or leaving him at the 'Nearly dead' stage...