Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2001, 05:14 AM   #1
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I just killed a guy in his house/castle and his carcass fell right by the door. when I go to pick up his stuff, the door highlights for the open/close action(in both positions it blocks the booty). I have no idea what he is carrying, but I want it. can I get it?

[img]graemlins/warrior1.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 05:22 AM   #2
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lord Ludtke, there are 3 things you can try.

1. Keep moving the cursor around the body. The "search" icon should pop-up as soon as you come off the door.

2. Go ahead and click on the door to close it. This should allow you to search the body without the door interfering.

3. Re-do the battle and either go farther into the room or draw the guy out.

BTW, who did you kill (just out of curiosity).

Barbarian Magic Missile- Toss a wizard at the biggest monster. Either way, something good is bound to happen.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:27 AM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I have no idea who it is, I am going on a just-before-Suldanesslar-and-I-am-not-buying-anything-else-rampage. I have cleared out the bridge and gates district and I am working on the others(I leave the temples alone in case I have to up my rep). I can't get around that stupid door, I have tried both open and closed all around the edges and nothing. I don't think it is important enough to redo, but it would be nice if there was a Diablo-esque highlighting feature.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:51 AM   #4
Whailor

You still failed to say WHICH door, WHICH area, WHICH castle and WHICH NPC

Kind of hard to tell or suggest anything if no one has any clue as to where you are encountering this issue and with whom..
Old 11-27-2001, 09:56 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
I have no idea who it is, I am going on a just-before-Suldanesslar-and-I-am-not-buying-anything-else-rampage. I have cleared out the bridge and gates district and I am working on the others(I leave the temples alone in case I have to up my rep). I can't get around that stupid door, I have tried both open and closed all around the edges and nothing. I don't think it is important enough to redo, but it would be nice if there was a Diablo-esque highlighting feature.

if you have TOB then you can press [TAB] and highlight everything you can open/pick up
Old 11-27-2001, 06:52 PM   #6
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
You still failed to say WHICH door, WHICH area, WHICH castle and WHICH NPC

Kind of hard to tell or suggest anything if no one has any clue as to where you are encountering this issue and with whom..

I said I was not sure which door, and this is not the first time this has happened. It can occur with ANY door, if killed in the right place. This usually occurs with an orc or other cannon fodder, so I haven't cared before. This is the first time it happened with a named character, so I just wanted his stuff. I have since left it for the thugs to fight over.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:31 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

if you tell us the name, we can tell you what he had, and then you can shadowkeep it, since you are rightfuly entitled to it. if you dont, then we cant.

if its who i think it is, you _really_ want to tell us.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:47 PM   #8
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I believe it was Saerk Farrhad(sp?) estate or somewhere south of his place, since I was clearing it out from north to south. Don't worry about spoiling me, if you tell me what you think I missed I will know if I already have it, or if it is worth my time to try and find that door again.