Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 05:11 PM   #1
Tansi
Welcomed New User

I've got something odd happening. I didn't know about the romance thing, not that I want one with Anomen, and so he failed his paladin test. Aerie did her conversation with him after resting and he tried to attack her, but I was going down some stairs at the time and it stopped it. Now the odd part. A while later, I went up to the roof from the sewers, and ran into Sir whosis again, who again did the "It's time for your test". It's not updated in my journal that it was done either. Now every time we sleep/rest, that same conversation pops up with Aerie and Anomen! Did I do something wrong, is there a bug, how do I stop it? It's getting really annoying to have this happen every dang time!

Thanks for any help anyone can give on this!

Tansi

Old 10-18-2001, 05:36 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I don't guess you can go back to a previous save, before this happened can you?
Try clearing out the cache folder, as that is what the tech told me when I called him about anything. Clearing the cache folder is one of the standard procedures in locating the problem.
Maybe somebody else will have better ideas than I do, and will post in a minute.
Let us know.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:15 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

Aa far as I remember there is a bugfix for this dialogue loop available at http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/
Old 10-19-2001, 02:50 PM   #4
Tansi
Welcomed New User

Thanks to you both I've deleted the cache folder contents, and it didn't stop, though it was more like every other time instead of every time, and am going to try the bugfixes page now. I won't be able to get to the game till after work, but will let you know!

I appreciate the prompt replies...love reading this board though I'm trying really hard not to read things I haven't done yet ::chuckle::

Tansi
Old 10-20-2001, 05:09 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

my advice is kill anomen. his sister's dead, his mother's dead, and his father is a drunk and hates him. put the arrogant bastard out of his misery and make athkatla a happier place.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:22 AM   #6
ReGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by Amergin:
my advice is kill anomen. his sister's dead, his mother's dead, and his father is a drunk and hates him. put the arrogant bastard out of his misery and make athkatla a happier place.
True....true

Old 10-22-2001, 04:36 AM   #7
Jahan Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wisest thing ive heard all day.
I doubt anyone in Athkatla likes him a kick in the side of the skull would do him well but a sword in the gut would fix everything !

------------------
Let Honour be your guide and Faith be your shield and no beast shall stand before you unbested
Old 10-22-2001, 05:51 AM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

he he, he started hitting on MY Aerie so I cut of his medical supplies, poor guy didn't survive long after that

------------------