Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2001, 06:01 AM   #21
Epona
Zartan

Well, I have just upgraded my PC (rubs hands together in glee) and I'm looking forward to trying the 3D effects. My system is:

KT7A RAID mobo
1.1 GHz Athlon processor
256 Mb RAM
Elsa Gladiac 920 graphics card (Geforce 3 chipset)

I don't think BGII, even in 3D, is likely to be the most spectacular graphics I will ever see, but I never got the thing for the graphics anyway.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-26-2001, 06:11 AM   #22
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

I was unaware you could change from 3d to 2d. How is this done?

If its a case of going into the graphics menu in game just reply with random insults. As its all i deserve.

Cheers

------------------
Nice one fella!!
Old 10-26-2001, 12:20 PM   #23
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

There is a configuraton tool with bg2, which let´s you set 2d or 3d beside a lot of other things (it ca be selected in the bg2-folder in the start-menu or during startup of the game (choose configure instead of play).
Old 10-26-2001, 01:17 PM   #24
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Okay this post isn't towards the 2D or 3D cards but in regards to the people that posted about the game slowing down when they played it.

I use an Nec Versanote
PII 233mhz
64mb Ram
3.2gig HDD
NeoMagigraph Video Card
Maestro Sound card

I found BG2 to be a bit slow during gameplay and the battles (especially with magic use) really slowed down a LOT!

I changed my screen resolution to 640x480 and put the frame rate to 15 Updates per second while giving it a 400mb cache. That made the game pretty normal with very few slowdowns.

If anyone knows of any other way to speed the game up on a crappy comp like this I'd be glad to know of it. I have already checked everything that I can do and this seems the best of it but I'm always open to new ideas. After all most of you here have a ton of experience with this game while I am still new at it.

------------------

Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to be broken.