Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 04:30 PM   #11
Kaleban
Manshoon

Possibly one of the most potent spell combinations I've used recently is Web and Spider Spawn!

Yes that's right. At level 12+ I think, you get sword spiders, who move VERY fast, have good hit dice compared to the other Monster Summoning Spells, and all 3 spider types are IMMUNE to Web! Lay down a couple of webs (which prevent spellcasting, movement, and any attacks!), then cast a few Spider Spawns (hopefully getting two, that is the one downside, chance of getting 2 is 20% as opposed to MS series 40%), and watch the spiders tear the bad guys to pieces! Plus, if your spiders are getting hit or are nearly gone, simply drop a cloudkill/death fog or 2 into the same area that is webbed. Web is really a useful spell, and many wizard (and cleric) spells can be used in different combos which just require some practice and timing, as well as sequencers...

Frequently, I see people advocating the use of only high levl spells and neglecting your other spells. Big mistake! Combine Greater malison with 12+ level Chromatic Orb = 7th level Finger of Death Spell, with no hit point requirements! Plus acid damage with no save which means dead trolls stay dead!

Remember your roots!

------------------
He Will Win
Whose Army Is Animated
By The Same Spirit
Throughout Its Ranks

Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Old 10-31-2001, 05:12 PM   #12
Drifter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I *re*discovered Flame Arrow the other day. I can't believe how powerful it actually is. I've got my roots in BG, so it doesn't get real powerful in that, but at the moment (and provided I don't cast it at dragons - oops ) I can deal more than 40 damage, as an average.
So don't overlook flame arrow

------------------
The meek shall inherit the Earth. But the strong shall reclaim it as their own.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:18 PM   #13
Lazarus
Manshoon

When you use petrification on someone use flame arrow to break them into little pieces.

------------------
The Genesis

It is only the beginning...

[This message has been edited by Lazarus (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 05:35 PM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus:
When you use petrification on someone use flame arrow to break them into little pieces.

No need to waste a third level spell on a petrified person. I think you can break them up with a simple sling bullet