Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-17-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Its supposed to be a great text based game to play info/download on
eisonline.com
Then Perhaps 100 or more of us can play it online !! Will be fun like crazy.

[ 10-18-2002, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: whacky ]
Old 10-18-2002, 02:33 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
eisonline.com
I ran Tradewars 2002 as a 'door' game on my Ansi BBS back when BBS's were the 'thing', and it was before the internet. Tradewars was a REALLY cool game too.. That, and Red Dragon!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-18-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
eisonline.com
I ran Tradewars 2002 as a 'door' game on my Ansi BBS back when BBS's were the 'thing', and it was before the internet. Tradewars was a REALLY cool game too.. That, and Red Dragon! [/QUOTE]Lol o' Lol Ziroc. Well i'm a newbie sorta trade war 2002 player and i've enjoyed the game a lot I play the game with my friends at a "network security" site and we enjoy a lot, screwing things up, getting busted and stuff like that. I thought it'd be fun to play the game on IW too! After i'm through my exams in about 2 weeks perhaps we could have a long session of Trade Wars on IW, perhaps you'd be kind enough to host it, that is only if possible for you ! Anyone interested ?
Old 10-18-2002, 06:59 AM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Firstly, what is it?
Is it a downloadable thing? *looks confused*
Old 10-18-2002, 07:07 AM   #5
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Firstly, what is it?
Is it a downloadable thing? *looks confused*
Kaltia its a text based computer strategy game kinda like dope wars which you can play multiplyer with many many people. Its a sci-fi game in which you have to trade, get rich, gain xp, ships, build planets, attack and most importantly have fun.
Go to eisonline.com and download the game from there. If anyone is kind enough to host a game then they'll download trade wars host and we'll have to download j-twat(or other)to connect to the host and play multiplayer. Perhaps we could divide all the players into two teams. One team against another. Yeah fun [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beheaded.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

-Whacks

[ 10-18-2002, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: whacky ]
Old 10-18-2002, 08:35 AM   #6
andrewas
Harper

If that runs in a browser Ill have a look at it. I used to be champion of Phantom (old warez BBS), so itll be interesting to see if I can be any good without the support of that bunch of cheaters.

Id host the game at work, but I dont have a web-visible server so I cant. Pity, cos If I did I could leave it online 24/7.

Anyone else in a better position?
Old 10-19-2002, 03:50 AM   #7
whacky
Emerald Dragon

*bumpy*
Old 10-20-2002, 01:07 AM   #8
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Man I loved playing this game. A friend of mine one time had setup a BBS and we would play this game all the time. Thanks for posting this.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:11 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
eisonline.com
I ran Tradewars 2002 as a 'door' game on my Ansi BBS back when BBS's were the 'thing', and it was before the internet. Tradewars was a REALLY cool game too.. That, and Red Dragon! [/QUOTE]Lol o' Lol Ziroc. Well i'm a newbie sorta trade war 2002 player and i've enjoyed the game a lot I play the game with my friends at a "network security" site and we enjoy a lot, screwing things up, getting busted and stuff like that. I thought it'd be fun to play the game on IW too! After i'm through my exams in about 2 weeks perhaps we could have a long session of Trade Wars on IW, perhaps you'd be kind enough to host it, that is only if possible for you ! Anyone interested ?[/QUOTE]Doesn't that require Telnet? I have no idea how to use or set up a Telnet connection (I am sure I could learn) but maybe it's been converted to a CGI applet or java?? THAT would be cool, and I would host it for SURE!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-20-2002, 02:33 AM   #10
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I have a friend who is planning to set up one of the games soon, and yes it does require Telnet. I am more involved in other games myself (EQ), but if people are truly interested then I will post some details here [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas