Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-11-2001, 12:51 PM   #1
philc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got the shadow thief key from Galem Bayle several days ago, & carried it while I did the Unseeing Eye & a couple of minor quests. Suddenly it's disappeared from my inventory. I'm 100% sure I haven't dropped it accidentally. I can't get another one from Bayle.Does it have to be used within a certain time? Can I get it back somehow, & if not is there any point going on with this bug-ridden game!?
Old 11-11-2001, 12:55 PM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by philc:
I got the shadow thief key from Galem Bayle several days ago, & carried it while I did the Unseeing Eye & a couple of minor quests. Suddenly it's disappeared from my inventory. I'm 100% sure I haven't dropped it accidentally. I can't get another one from Bayle.Does it have to be used within a certain time? Can I get it back somehow, & if not is there any point going on with this bug-ridden game!?

There is no time limit, as far as I know. If you have Shadowkeeper, you can just make a new one. As far as the bugs go, try the official patch. I haven't experienced many at all. Just a couple random bugs that are easily fixed by a reboot.
Old 11-11-2001, 01:10 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

The code of the key you lost is MISC4S.
If you don't have ShadowKeeper, simply do the following:

Do you have cheats enabled? If not, go to your BG2 folder, and find a file called Baldur.ini (make a backup of it in case anything goes wrong) Open the file, and under Program Options, type the following line:

Debug Mode=1

Now, save the file and start up BG2. When in your game, press Ctrl + Space to bring up a small window at the bottom of your screen. Copy the following into it:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC4S")

Now the key will be in your inventory again. There is no time limit in which you should use it.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2001, 02:29 PM   #4
philc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everybody - I never knew Shadowkeep existed!! Got the key back. Now I'll just have to resist the urge to use Shadowkeep too much!