Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #41
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

I have classic "teenageritis" which makes me watch MTV and listen to rap. It's almost gotten to the point where i can understand most all the words in rap songs now. Some of my favorite bands/singers are:

Greenday
Sum 41
Blink 182
Nelly
Ludacris
Da Swishahouse (Paul Wall, Chamelionaire, and DJ Screw)

I also like techno.
Sandstorm is the best song ever!
Old 09-14-2002, 02:08 PM   #42
skywalker
Banned User

Supertramp:

Logical Song (When I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful...)

Bloody Well Right (Right, you're bloody well right you know you got a right to say...)

Breakfast In America (Take a look at my girlfriend,She's the only one I got...)

Goodbye Stranger (Goodbye strange it's been nice, Hope you find your paradise..)

Give A little Bit (Give a little bit, Give a little bit of your love to me...)

Take The Long Way Home (So you think you're a Romeo playing a part in a picture-show, Take the long way home...)

Mark
Old 09-14-2002, 02:17 PM   #43
Moni

Ah, it was Give A Little Bit I was hearing lol!
They were OK. I never owned any of their albums though (or 10cc LoA )
Come to think of it, I never owned any ARS albums either.
We always bought the harder stuff when it came to putting money out for music...Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Lynnard Slynnard, Black Sabbath, etc. I think the softest album we ever bought was Peter Frampton's Live album. [img]smile.gif[/img] No, my sister had some Bread and Eagles albums now that I think about it...basically my siblings and I (with the exception of that sister) could only buy albums that wouldn't offend everyone else in the house if we were going to listen to them and the hard rock was all we had in common LOL

EDIT: even though we all liked The Rolling Stones, mom refused to allow us to own anything they did while we lived under her roof.

[ 09-14-2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-14-2002, 02:31 PM   #44
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL, here goes again

Have an eclectic taste like Epona...

Mozart (Requiem, Zauberflöte, pianoconcertos, etc), Vivaldi (his Glorias, his 4 Seasons, Stabat Mater), Rachmaninov, Gerschwin, Tchaikovsky, Janacek, Eisler, Britten, Grieg, Beethoven, Bach, Brückner, Fauré, De Fesch, Stravinsky, Mendelsohn, Wagner, Chopin, Shostakovich....etc

but also

The Tea Party, London After Midnight, The Mission, The Cult, Smashing Pumpkins, Nightwish, Therion, Lacuna Coil, Emperor, Goldfrapp, Nick Cave, Tori Amos, Dimmu Borgir, Kovenant, Queensryche, Daeonia, Switchblade Symphony, Portishead, Muse, Tool, Nevermore, Depeche Mode, Dead Can Dance, U2, Babylon Whores, Angizia, Orgy, Sisters Of Mercy....

or

Wongraven, Raison D'être, Arcana, Ildfrost, Brighter Death Now, MZ 412, Ordo Equilibro, Desiderii Marginis, Sanctum, Faith And The Muse, Apoptygma Berserk, Laibach, Lacrimosa, Delirium, Kari Rueslåtten, The Breath Of Life, This Burning Effigy

but I also just love to listen to musicians who are extremely technically skilled...

Terry Bozzio. Michel Camilo. Anthony Jackson.... but most importantly.... HUGH WILSON ...And so far I liked what I heard from his brother too! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

and so on and on and on

[ 09-14-2002, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-14-2002, 02:36 PM   #45
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
HUGH WILSON ...And so far I liked what I heard from his brother too! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

and so on and on and on[/b]
Gee who the heck is Hugh Wilson? [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh yea hes Ozzys brother I forgot!
Old 09-14-2002, 02:43 PM   #46
Dramnek_Ulk

I do like Blind guardian and Bathory,
But also Stuff like Steeleye span.
Hmmmmmmm. Yes indeed.

Old 09-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #47
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I am finally forced to ask. What the hell is ska?

EDIT: Oh yeah SKA....um I think like No Doubt would be a form of ska. Correct me if I am wrong someone![/QUOTE]Ummm - No Doubt?? Well barely

Ska is music originating from Jamaica in the 60s - it's the predecessor of reggae. Think of uptempo reggae with a prominent horn section. It was predominantly played on sound systems in the streets rather than live performance.
Brought to Britain by Jamaican immigrants in the 60s, and became quite popular here then. What the original skinheads listened to.

It went through another bout of popularity in the late '70s and early '80s, and a new wave of British mixed white/black bands formed and recorded on the 2-Tone label, incorporated a more punk sound and were often quite political.

I suppose if No Doubt is in any way ska it is 3rd wave - very diluted from its roots, as is a lot of ska/punk these days. Not to say I don't like it, but a lot has been lost imo.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:12 PM   #48
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I know, a new topic! "What Music DONT you really like?" [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:23 PM   #49
Hesperex

Mm well I like quite a lot of music but mostly old rock and progresive and some psycodelic such as:

Led Zeppelin
ACDC
T.Rex
Thin Lizzy
The Who?
Steppenwolf
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Deep Purple
Cream
The Moody Blues
Muddy Waters
Blue Oyster Cult
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Hawkwind
Uriah Heep
Girlschool
Free
Iggy Pop
Peter Gabriel
Lenny Kravitz
Rainbow
Alice Cooper
Aerosmith
ZZ.Top

Old 09-14-2002, 06:25 PM   #50
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I am finally forced to ask. What the hell is ska?

EDIT: Oh yeah SKA....um I think like No Doubt would be a form of ska. Correct me if I am wrong someone![/QUOTE]Ummm - No Doubt?? Well barely

Ska is music originating from Jamaica in the 60s - it's the predecessor of reggae. Think of uptempo reggae with a prominent horn section. It was predominantly played on sound systems in the streets rather than live performance.
Brought to Britain by Jamaican immigrants in the 60s, and became quite popular here then. What the original skinheads listened to.

It went through another bout of popularity in the late '70s and early '80s, and a new wave of British mixed white/black bands formed and recorded on the 2-Tone label, incorporated a more punk sound and were often quite political.

I suppose if No Doubt is in any way ska it is 3rd wave - very diluted from its roots, as is a lot of ska/punk these days. Not to say I don't like it, but a lot has been lost imo.
[/QUOTE]Ok thanks Laura! [img]smile.gif[/img] Looks like skas on my "dont listen to" list [img]tongue.gif[/img]