Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 07:42 PM   #31
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Actually, he wouldn't. He's smart. Doing that is against the ToS.

Actually Cloudy Grojlach was right in this case and you think too harshly of me....I'm not heartless....

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

But as to the question at hand... nah Vaskez, I've never taken you too seriously, but then, if you really DO mean it sometimes, you're out of luck because I've got "grain of salt' mode going when I read your posts. And I agree with what Melusine posted for the most part.

Anyway, Vaskez, you have a very 'scratchy'style of posting and I'll admit on a number of occasions I felt a wee bit abraded by that style of yours, but I usually answered with honey.. sweetened your responses right up, hehe! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] So I'm not complaining.

Hmm I really don't know how to take that . Oh well. To shed some light on the subject of my style...I never really took the net and internet relationships that seriously when I first arrived....I thought that they have nothing to do with real life friendships at all....after all we've never met! Therefore I thought "who cares what I post?" "No one's gonna take it seriously". I've gone some way to changing that opinion and now I believe that yes you can find friends, but my style and habbits are hard to change...and sometimes I do feel that things are too sugar-coated and many threads do look like ass-kissing to me (sorry!).

Hmm I believe I can make some conclusions. Some people say I don't need to change my style. Some say I need to watch it a bit. So averaging that result out, I need to watch it a tiny little bit. Right...I'll tone my posting down half a notch...even though I often say I don't care what people think about me....what I mean is that I don't care if they think I'm stupid or annoying or whatever...as long as they don't hate me....I made this thread so I can at least know if I need to do something to avoid being hated...

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-24-2002, 07:47 PM   #32
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Stay as your are! If someone thinks your an asshole then so be it! Plenty think I am! So what I say!

Heh, you're right, but I don't wanna push people too far, I'm not a complete bastard
Old 01-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #33
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Once you visit the fortress you will understand.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar4.gif[/img]
Now whats the subject again.. Oh yea..am I really that bad..hmmm what did that e-mail say.. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd have to read it. Send it to me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 07:51 PM   #34
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Once you visit the fortress you will understand.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar4.gif[/img]
Now whats the subject again.. Oh yea..am I really that bad..hmmm what did that e-mail say.. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd have to read it. Send it to me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Haha! Now what would really piss me off is if someone took the intro to my site or the updates seriously.....
Old 01-24-2002, 07:57 PM   #35
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Hey say whatever you want about me or my beliefs, as long as you respect me and/or my right to have them. Have a blast. Make fun of whatever you want to. Most people take life way too seriously anyways maybe a little sarcastic humor is what they need. NIBB HIGH FOOTBALL RULES [img]graemlins/cheer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 08:17 PM   #36
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

He he, RedBlueFlare is the sarcastic B****rd at the school.(I don't go there no more though, so...) But about the sarcasm, It makes me really upset and I think you should stop it. Lol I don't care if you be sarcastic, just try not to overdo it.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-24-2002, 08:19 PM   #37
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Geez, Vas! You know I think you are a pain in the a** at NWN! Actually I've gotten used to you (be nice or I'll bann you). Seriously, the best thing to do is ignore stuff...........I tell people to ignore you all the time. .

BUT, a smilie goes a long way in letting someone know something is joking or said tongue-in-check.

*hugs* (yeah, really [img]smile.gif[/img] )
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 01-24-2002, 08:29 PM   #38
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Geez, Vas! You know I think you are a pain in the a** at NWN! Actually I've gotten used to you (be nice or I'll bann you). Seriously, the best thing to do is ignore stuff...........I tell people to ignore you all the time. .

Oh yeah, go ahead and ban me Miss Reeka, Miss Big-Shot! Miss Admin! [img]tongue.gif[/img] You can't ignore me right now cos there's nothing to ignore....I haven't been posting on NWN [img]tongue.gif[/img] I have to cut back during the exam period otherwise there's too many people I have to worry about offending
Old 01-24-2002, 08:41 PM   #39
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Although I, like others, have found you to be a bit...um, peremptory from time to time, shall we say, Vaskez, I have gotten used to your unique posting style and humor. Your style is very similar to Rikard's and I can tell you now how I DEFINITELY had to get used to him, LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Having encountered some real miscreants and nutcases on the Internet in the past couple of months, I can safely state that you are nothing like any of them, and I respect your particular style of expression. So just keep on posting and doing what you do. Don't worry about what one crackpot thinks.

One other thing: while it was good that this person or persons took the issue up with you in e-mail rather than on the board, that still did not give them the right to "flame" you there. Having dealt recently with an obsessive person who consistently flamed me via e-mail for issues here on IW that had nothing to do with me, I can understand what you are going through. I finally had to come to the conclusion that the person in question was mentally deranged and finally killfiled him in my e-mail box. So I do sympathize with you having had to deal with such a thing. Hopefully they'll get the point and move on and leave you alone.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-24-2002, 08:45 PM   #40
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Ok Vaskez, That was pushing it with Reeka, you can pick on me but not people I don't know, you can pick on my sis, or even my parents, but not PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW!! If you do it one more time I will have to... I'll stop there, I think you can figure out the rest, no more sarcasm mister. Its not nice, I hate your sarcasm, Its stupid and dumb. I think it is to offensive and it makes people cry for dumb reasons, so you should stop doing it or I'll complain. (and you don't want me to do that) So stop the crap or you'll be sorry.

JJJJJJJJJJJ / / KKK KK
J / / K K
J / / K K
J / / K K
J / / KK
J / / K K
J / / K K
J J / / K K
JJJJ / / KKK KK
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy