Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-06-2001, 02:44 AM   #1
JJ/newbie

sylent's question raised one for me- if you dual or multi your char, does that mean you get all of the different classes' quests?--ie, fighter mage druid would get fighter stronghold, mage stronghold,and druid grove?
and oh yeah, would the above multi also get a familiar?
------------------
When given a choice, take both.

[This message has been edited by JJ/newbie (edited 03-06-2001).]

Old 03-06-2001, 08:59 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

MINOR SPOILER ALERT

Newbie,

I played a multiclass pc for part of my first game (ditched that one for the one I have now) but if I'm not mistaken, you can do the stronghold quest for any of your classes, but only get ONE of the holds so you want to decide which you'll accept.

The familiars: ONLY the pc can cast "find familiar" and there is a scroll in beginning of the game that you can find. My bard pc has one and it's cute, but if it dies, your pc loses one point of con -permanently! I think different class characters can summon different types of familiars too. Mine is a pseudodragon with 20 or so hp and a 'stun' possibility on attacking an enemy. I re-loaded several times after losing my familiar and now he spends a good deal of time in my pack!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-06-2001, 02:24 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
In theory, you are only suppose to get 1 stronghold, but there seems to be a way around with multi or dual class fighter. For example, if you cleared out Nalia's hold and did not accept her offer to the keep, go back to town and do say the Planar Sphere (fighter/mage) or Renal (fighter/thief) quests, and accept the stronghold. Then go back to Nalia (quickly) and accept her offer, that should work (I tried it once in my game).

As for familiar, only certain class protagonist can cast, check out the "familiar" thread in this section of the forum.

P.S. Cloudbringer answering ON TOPICS!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 02:32 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Unless I am worng, the familiar is more dependent on the character's alignment than on the character's class. A Chaotic Good Bard and a Chaotic Good Enchanter should get the same familiar.
Old 03-06-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yes, you are correct Father Bronze! But a fighter cannot cast find familiar I think. Only mage or spell casters can do this (ie. mage and bard).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 04:23 PM   #6
Lord Shield

What alignment has the best familiar? My Lawful Neutral sorceror got a ferret!

Old 03-06-2001, 06:52 PM   #7
Bromhead
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In answer to the "what kind of familiars do you get?" I found this info in a walkthrough. I can't personally vouch for the correctness.

Alignment Familiar AC HP Abilities
--------------- ------------- -- -- ----------------------------------
Lawful Good Pseudo Dragon -2 24 50% magic resistance, renders
victims unconscious, casts Blur

Neutral Good Pseudo Dragon -2 24 (same as above)

Chaotic Good Fairy Dragon 4 24 32% magic res., casts Invisibility
10' Radius & Mirror Image 1/day

Lawful Neutral Ferret 0 24 50% magic res., 75% Pickpocket,
40% Stealth, 20% Detect Traps

True Neutral Rabbit -4 16 50% Detect Traps, 30% Stealth,
75% resistance to fire, cold, elec

Chaotic Neutral Cat 0 24 Pickpocket, 99% Stealth,
50% magic res.

Lawful Evil Imp 2 18 Polymorphs, 25% magic res.

Neutral Evil Dust Mephit 6 24 Casts Glassdust 2/day,
Glitterdust 1/day, 10% magic res.

Chaotic Evil Quasit 2 24 Casts Horror, 25% magic resist.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:58 PM   #8
Dog of War
The Magister

So Paladins can't have a familiar.. That is no fun. What would a Paldin get? Hmm actually I believe. he woudl want a stalion. Yea, I want a horse. Of course wouldn't that be cool, running through Monstors with a big jousting stick and hacking them while riding by. I am a cavalier... Oh but I digressed on the topic. Hey, Renal gives you a stronghold?
Old 03-07-2001, 01:15 AM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
The stronghold relating to Renal (Shadow Thieves) is the thief stronghold.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 03:14 AM   #10
JJ/newbie

Accord, does that mean you would have to have thief as one of your classes to get the stronghold thru renal, or can you do it if you are just a fighter, finish nalia, put her on hold, run do renal, then run back to nalia quick? I am just at that spot on my replay, so your info is spot-on timing wise. I know that as a monk, i got nalia's keep, but i never did do renal's stuff before heading off to chap 4 the first time thru bg2. oh yeah, i reread your post, copy on the fighter thief multi to get the thief stronghold- wondering, the planar sphere is the mage class stronghold? and if so, is nalia's keep the only fighter class stronghold? - i know paladins have a diff. one, so not talking about that.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

[This message has been edited by JJ/newbie (edited 03-07-2001).]