Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 04:47 PM   #1
Case00
Manshoon

Do I need to keep an NPC in my group to pick up all the quests, or can I ditch them after the intial conversation. I want to get rid of that loser Myles, he's eating up my experience, not to mention breathing my air. At the same time I don't want to miss out on any quests he might offer.. I already picked up his "friend", so this is more of a general question.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 08:10 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Case00,

I think you can ditch him. I didn't have him with me when we located and saved Vi - I just wanted to explore the city before I did anything with Myles. I picked him up later and he's been hanging in the group for a while now and he doesn't appear to "give you any quests" while he is actually with the group.

Just stop and talk to him now and then and see if he has something new to offer.

Wyv
Old 11-15-2001, 10:06 PM   #3
Absynthe

Hey, Saz, I did the same thing. Dedided to walk around a bit and ended up rescuing Vi. When I left town, I stopped to talk to Myles and boy was he pissed! Gave me a tongue-lashing about going behind his back when he gives me a hot tip... absolutely loved it. Very nice bit of writing there, having your actions affect an NPC's attitude.
Old 11-16-2001, 01:50 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually I was pretty happy to get Myles. I lack a rogue in my game, having taken a Bard instead, so the added ability to backstab and pickpocket is pretty well welcome. Only trouble is that I can't figure out how to address him by keyboard number, so sometimes I forget to give him orders in combat, because I use keyboard number identification of the characters in combat almost exclusively (the stupid mouse doesn't always respond when I click on a new character).

I may lose Myles later on, but he's doing fine with my party right now. If for nothing else, I may be able to use him for fodder (heh heh heh)

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 07:52 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Just as a test, and since Myles is now diseased and I have no immeidiate means of curing him, I decided to ditch him. After I had him leave the party, we talked to him again and sure enough - THEN he has a quest. To further test things out, since I removed him in the desert, I played around a bit and went back to Arnika - Myles does find his way back there on his own. A good thing to know!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 11:01 AM   #6
Case00
Manshoon

yup.. One of the designers responded to this post, and he aggrees with you. Most you can dump, and just check up on every once and while. There are a few that you need to have with you at certain times, but he tells me that they will make that clear when you are speaking with them..
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote